- Locations: Salwa Road South, Doha, Qatar
- Duration: 4 Days
The target group for the OERTL Initial Training Programme is personnel who are appointed to, or to be appointed to, the role of an Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader.
Course Learning Outcomes
The Delegate’s learning outcomes are specified out below:
To successfully complete this training, delegates must be able to:-
- Define the role and explain the key responsibilities of the Emergency Response Team Leader.
- State the main priorities of the Emergency Response Team Leader.
- Explain the purpose of OER arrangements and procedures.
- Identify the typical elements of emergency response planning.
- Identify the emergency response PPE requirements for the OERTL and the OERTM.
- Explain the purpose of setting priorities and objectives in response to an incident.
- Explain the importance of monitoring environmental conditions during an incident.
- Explain the importance of monitoring human factors during an incident.
- Explain the reason for dynamic risk assessment during an emergency response
- Delegate tasks to the OERT effectively.
- Communicate effectively with relevant emergency response personnel.
- Give clear and concise instructions to the OERT members during the emergency.
- Lead the OERT in a clear and confident manner.
- When safe to do so, direct the OERT members into the incident area – continually assessing how the changes in the emergency could impact on the safety of the OERT members.
- Conduct dynamic risk assessments throughout the incident.
- Look for and respond accordingly to signs of stress in inpidual ERT members during the emergency.
- Effectively monitor breathing apparatus (BA) control.
- Lead the OERT during non-fire incidents effectively.
- Lead the OERT during firefighting operations effectively.
- Conduct missing persons and casualty management effectively during the emergency.
Learning Outcomes (10) through (20) are to be assessed during practical exercises
Each delegate who is successful on OPITO OERTL Initial training will receive an OPITO OERTL Initial Certificate and be registered on the central register which is operated by OPITO.