By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- know the functions of an office and how to work there safely
- Be able to use business communication techniques
- Know the systems and procedures in use in an office
- Understand methods of storing and classifying information
- Know about the range of equipment that supports the office.
Functions of an Office and Safety Procedures
- The different functions of an office
- The roles and basic duties and responsibilities of clerical, secretarial, reception and administrative support staff.
- Health and safety procedures relevant to working in an office.
Business Communication Techniques
- Oral communication techniques for a business environment
- Written communication techniques for a business environment
- Written communications e.g. letters, memos, meeting minutes & agenda and electronic mail, and design and complete telephone message forms.
- Ways of safeguarding information and maintaining confidentiality.
Systems and Procedures in use in an Office
- Procedures for dealing with incoming or outgoing mail
- Stock control procedures
- Procedures for the purchase and sale of goods in business
- The operation of a petty cash system
Methods of Storing and Classifying Information
- Methods of filing classification
- The basic rules for operating an efficient filing system
- The different methods of storage
Range of Equipment that Supports the Office.
- The use and routine maintenance of computers.
- The use of reprographic support equipment.
- Equipment used in the mailroom
Qatar Milestone Training Solutions (QMTS) was established to offer our clients and trainees the opportunity to improve and support their skills and abilities needed to develop fulfilling and sustainable opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship and help them be part of the most current and latest knowledge in both, business and English Language fields.
To be a key milestone in the fields of business and English language training and be a pioneer in corporate and organization training and development in the Middle East.
To develop the abilities and capabilities of people of Qatar through internationally standardized and accredited programs.
To promote and facilitate the highest standards in Business and English Language training
To develop the abilities and capabilities of people of Qatar through Internationally standardized and accredited programs.
To provide complete training solutions for corporations and government
organizations that need to train their staff on the latest business skills and English language.
To improve the clients workplace performance by helping them to attain a higher standard of proficiency and confidence in their English and Business skills.
To play a significant role in the achievement of the prosperous
education future of Qatar and to address tomorrow's business growth.See all QMTS courses