Graduates from the Office Administration Certificate program acquire knowledge and office skills for entry-level employment in the office of today. Graduates may obtain employment as an entry-level administrative assistant, office clerk, data entry clerk or word processing operator.
The Office Administration (Executive) Diploma program is designed to enable students to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work as administrative assistants in today’s modern office.
The major components of the program include document production, transcription and office management. Related courses include communications, computerized accounting, computer applications and organizational behaviour.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude in a business environment to help ensure successful integration into the workplace.
- Independently organize and manage the activities of an administrative workplace environment for effective and efficient performance.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills for use in the business environment.
- Utilize effective interpersonal and teamwork skills to adapt to various business/community working environments.
- Conduct research; analyze and present relevant data for use in a business environment.
- Record financial transactions using generally accepted accounting principles for use in a business environment.
- Utilize and integrate technology to produce business documents at an advanced level using standard document formatting guidelines.
Graduates may expect to find employment opportunities in the public and private sectors, including all levels of government, legal and medical offices, accounting firms, hospital and education facilities, and general business offices. As well as acquiring the skills and knowledge necessary to become effective employees in today’s electronic office, graduates gain insight into the creation of a small business of their own.
Graduates are trained for the following specific positions:
- Administrative assistant
- Word processing operator
- Computerized bookkeeper
- Data processor or transcriptionist
- Microcomputer specialist
- As well as additional employment opportunities depending on electives selected