Course detailsFrom cleanliness and evenness, through to obsessive perfection and constant checking, the course defines OCD as a neurological brain disorder and delves into greater depth on how the brain activity is changed when OCD sets in.
From the concept of compulsions, the course details the various forms of compulsions, the development cycle of OCD and elaborates on how OCD develops into a vicious cycle of thought repressions and compulsions and how people with OCD get stuck in that cycle. The course goes into how OCD can be managed better and what we can do in day-to-day life to make the disorder more manageable.
A section is dedicated to the effects of OCD on children, as most occurrences of the disease start from an early age, and how a child with OCD can be helped with the different types of cognitive and behavioural therapies to improve their condition.
The fact that the person suffers occurrences often knows that his or her behaviour is abnormal and hence tries to contain it makes it sometimes difficult to diagnose. This often creates anxiety within the sufferer since it does not feel natural to the person. The course suggests possible treatments using various techniques and the limitations of each of these as well as cognitive therapy to help effectively confront the thoughts rather than suppressing them.
Finally, the last module moves towards how you can help your family and the wider society with the insight you have gained in the topic. It provides ways to spread awareness about the disease along with prevention techniques and methods. It also gives general tips on how to handle friends and family suffering from OCD so as to keep them from harming themselves and others surrounding them, as well as offering helpful supporting groups and charities for sufferers.
- Module 1: Understanding OCD
- Module 2: Signs and Symptoms of OCD
- Module 3: Causes Behind OCD
- Module 4: Children and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Module 5: Living with OCD
- Module 6: Diagnosis
- Module 7: Treatment of OCD
- Module 8: Helping Hands
Job roles this course is suitable for:OCD
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs