- Locations: Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar
- Duration: 4 Weeks
Introduction to drawing using pencil, ink and coloured pencils. This short course will teach students how to measure and draw accurately. They will learn pencil drawing techniques and produce a final art piece in coloured crayons.
- Students will be introduced to basic measuring skills - how to measure and object. They will all draw a line drawing of an object.
- Students will do a variety of sketching techniques using measurement, 20 min sketches
- Students will draw a group of objects together and set up a still life. They will be shown how to use tone and shade
- Students will complete a still life set up and shade it using pencils
- Students will use various mark making techniques, cross hatching to try shading. They will look at light and shade
- Students will be shown how to use coloured crayons and inks . They will practice colour techniques on paper
- Students will arrange a still life set up to do for coloured pencil crayon piece , they will start the still life
- Students will add details to the art work, using in tones and mark making.
Items to buy for this class
Participants are required to buy their own materials beforehand and bring them to every class
- Still life objects (for the first class bring three pieces of fruit: apple, orange and banana)
- HB, 2B and 4B, Pencils
- Drawing paper pad A3
- Set of black and colored inks
- Brush set
- Watercolor paper pad A3
- Water container
About VCU Qatar
VCUQatar is the Qatar campus of the prestigious Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts in Richmond, Virginia. Established in 1998 through a partnership with Qatar Foundation, VCUQatar offers a range of fully accredited BFA, MFA and BA courses in the Arts. Located in Doha, the capital city of Qatar, VCUQatar students represent a diverse range of nationalities with students coming from more than 40 different countries.See all VCU Qatar courses