- Duration 15 Weeks
- Locations Mubarak Al-Abdullah
- Java:An Introduction to Problem Solving and Programming. Sixth Edition, Walter Savitch, Addison Wesley, 2011.
- Head First Java. Second Edition, Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates, O’Reilly, 2005
Introduction to object oriented programming and design. Topics include: abstraction and encapsulation, classes and objects, method overloading, inheritance, method overriding, polymorphism and dynamic binding, abstract classes and interfaces, generic and container classes, exception handling.
- CSC 225 (Programming & Data Structures)
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze a problem based on its natural language description and design an object oriented solution. [ABET b, c]
- Implement an object oriented solution in JAVA programming language. [ABET c, i]
- Explain and use object oriented programming concepts of classes, methods, objects, encapsulation, information hiding, polymorphism, inheritance, abstraction and exception handling. [ABET i]
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses