- Locations: Somerset West Bay Doha
- Duration: 3 Days
It’s more than just trying to beat your competitor’s price! Negotiation is a key skill that, when mastered, can enhance communications and provide better results from communication especially in the world of banking where successful negotiation translates directly into successful business relationships and profitability. This course will teach participants the basics of negotiation, how to prepare to negotiate, and ways to respond to negotiation challenges, how to create win-win customer-banker solutions, and how to create sustainable agreements.
- Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the basic types of negotiations
- Learn the phases of negotiations & gain the skills necessary for successfully negotiating
- Apply basic negotiating concepts (WATNA, BATNA, WAP & ZOPA)
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share & what information to keep to your self
- Master basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Demonstrate how to reach a consensus & set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks & other difficult issues
- Gain insight into ways you can position your bank more successfully and identify a path forward
- Evaluate how you can present your credit most effectively in the approval process
- Learn specific steps to take to overcome seven difficult negotiating tactics Master Workshop:
- Loan Negotiation and Selling a Total Banking Relationship
- Apply the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else
Bankers with various backgrounds will benefit, including community bankers, corporate bankers, credit officers, branch bankers, relationship managers trust officers, and cash managers.
This practical course relies on a variety of training approaches to transfer skills back to the workplace. You’ll have the opportunity to experience different ways to negotiate with customers, uncover their true needs, cross-sell additional bank services, and build a mutually beneficial relationship. You’ll also learn solutions that are both tangible and relevant in today’s banking environment. This course offers you the unparalleled opportunity to practice hands on negotiation using real-life problems.
- Understanding Negotiation
- Getting Prepared
- Laying the Groundwork
- Phase One - Exchanging Information
- Phase Two - Bargaining
- About Mutual Gain
- Phase Three – Closing
- Dealing with Difficult Issues
- Negotiating Outside the Boardroom
- Negotiating on Behalf of Someone Else
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses