- Fees / Price JOD 650
- Duration 3 Days
- Location Amman, Jordan
This introductory 3-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work. NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work will help to improve the safety of an organisation by preparing employees to recognise and deal with hazards at work helping to decrease accidents and accomplishing cost savings for the business. This qualification is the perfect introduction to health and safety for any employee in any industry as it covers the fundamental values of health and safety. The principles and practices NEBOSH teaches can be applied to any workplace and in any country making it the most valued and suitable Health and Safety Qualification.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who Should Attend?
The course is suitable for any worker in any position looking to understand the principles of health and safety, but it will be particularly useful for:
- Leaders and supervisors
- HR professionals
- ‘Workplace Safety Foundations’ covers the basics of health and safety
- ‘Workplace Risk Assessment Activity’ is a 1-hour practical workplace risk assessment
- Candidates need to successfully complete both units within a two-year period to obtain the NEBOSH qualification.
Element 1: Health and safety Foundations
- Fundamentals of workplace health and safety.
- Reasons for practicing good standards of health and safety.
- Key internal and external sources of health and safety information.
Element 2: Principles of fire and explosion
- The role and responsibilities of relevant health and safety parties.
- Key features of a system to effectively manage health and safety.
- How accidents are caused and the role and function of accident recording and investigation.
- Techniques of improving health and safety performance.
Element 3: Causes and prevention of fires
- Causes of fires and explosions in typical work activities.
- Appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks.
Element 4: Work equipment hazards and controls
- General health and safety requirements.
- Main hazards and controls for work equipment.
Element 5: Transport safety
- Hazards presented by the movement of vehicles in the workplace and the appropriate control measures.
Element 6: Electricity hazards and controls
- Hazards associated with the use of electricity in the workplace.
- Control measures that need to be taken when working with electrical systems or using electrical equipment
Element 7: Fire safety
- The benefits of adequate fire risk assessment and the matters which should be addressed when undertaking a basic fire risk assessment.
- Basic principles of fire prevention and fire controls in the future in the workplace.
Element 8: Manual handling and repetitive movement hazards and controls
- Hazards from manual handling and repetitive physical activities.
- Ways of controlling risks from manual handling and ergonomic risks.
Element 9: Hazards and controls associated with hazardous substances
- Forms of, classification of and routes of entry for hazardous substances.
- Sources of information to be considered when undertaking an assessment of the health risks from substances commonly encountered in the workplace.
- Controls that should be used to reduce the risk of ill-health from exposure to hazardous substances.
- Steps to minimise the environmental impact of fire and firefighting operations.
Element 10: Work environment hazards and controls associated w
- Common welfare and work environment requirements, hazards and controls in the workplace.
- Hazards to pedestrians in the workplace and the appropriate control measures.
- Common psychosocial hazards which may be encountered in the workplace, the persons affected and control measures.
- Health effects associated with exposure to noise and vibration and the appropriate control measures.
- Requirements for, and effective provision of, first aid in the workplace.
- A 1 hour, 40 question, multiple-choice assessment
- A 1-hour practical workplace risk assessment
- On successful completion of both exams, a NEBOSH Health and Safety Qualification certificate will be awarded
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- You will receive world-class learning material, including presentation slides and exam guidance
- We make the learning experience enjoyable
- We are trusted by globally leading brands such as JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony as a learning partner of choice.
- We provide pre- and post-course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands-on, using real-world examples
- As a market leader, we have an extremely high global pass rate
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and trained over 25,000 delegates last year
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Click ‘Book Now’ or ‘Enquire’ next to the date of your choice and our expert advisors will be in touch.
What is NEBOSH?
NEBOSH (The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) is an awarding body offering globally recognised health, safety and environmental qualifications. NEBOSH qualifications fall into three categories based on the range of knowledge they demonstrate: Awards demonstrate basic understanding, Certificates demonstrate broad knowledge and Diplomas are professional qualifications.
Benefits of the NEBOSH Award
- Ensures your workplace is safe and your employees know and understand the risks
- Helps reduce accidents and the costs involved in them
- Increases your business’s reputation by showing other businesses your commitment to health and safety
- Provides a globally recognised qualification that can be taken around the world
- The perfect stepping stone to further NEBOSH qualifications
- Provides practical skills that can help you bring value to the workplace
Here at The Knowledge Academy They invest a large amount of time and focus into providing cTheirses of an outstanding quality. In order to “delight and nTheirish everyone They serve”, Their passionate and professional team are dedicated to providing cTheirses of both excellent quality and excellent value for money. They constantly strive to improve and implement the critical initiatives that are required to achieve Their vision, meaning They deliver operational excellence in every aspect of the company and go above and beyond Their commitments to Their many clients across the globe.See all The Knowledge Academy courses