- Price AED 5,805
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Al Adliyah Ave, Oud Metha
The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety is designed specifically for those with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry. Suitable for both onshore and offshore operations, it focuses on international standards and management systems, highlighting the importance of process safety management in the oil and gas industry.
The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate is suitable for those who have a good understanding of health and safety and have the responsibility for ensuring safety as part of their day-to-day duties, including:
- Managers, supervisors and employee representatives within the oil and gas industry
- Newly-appointed health and safety advisers
The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate consists of one unit:
Unit IOG1: Management of International Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management in Context
- Hydrocarbon Process Safety
- Fire Protection and Emergency Response
- Logistics and Transport Operations
Assessed by a 2 hour written exam
The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate is a technical qualification and requires certain knowledge before starting the course.
Health and Safety Knowledge
This course assumes those taking the course will have a good understanding of general health and safety. It is therefore highly recommended that students hold the NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent before studying the NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate. If you do not have this knowledge, RRC provide reference materials to cover this but you should allow for a further 50 hours of study.
Experience of the Oil and Gas Industry
Over recent exams, the NEBOSH examiners have assumed students will have a wider understanding of the oil and gas industry, gained from working in the industry itself. This can provide difficulties for students without this experience as examination questions often require the application of the knowledge delivered in the course to industry-specific scenarios.
Whilst we cannot replace the practical knowledge gained through experience in the industry, we do provide reference materials to assist those without such direct experience. This outlines how oil and gas are extracted and processed, using easily understood diagrams to explain topics such as drilling, refining and storage. You should allow a further 25 hours study if you need to study this.
The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate is assessed by one two-hour written exam.
- Exams held March, June, September and December each year
RRC Middle East Exam Venues;
- Bahrain: Manama
- Kuwait: Safat
- Oman: Muscat
- Qatar: Doha
- Saudi Arabia: Al Khobar, Jeddah, Riyadh
- UAE: Dubai: Abu Dhabi
RRC Middle East is able to draw on the resources of the UK parent company, including over 80 years' educational training experience and unmatched expertise in the international delivery of health, safety and environmental training programmes. RRC provides many benefits to our customers in the Middle East region:
- delivering the best English/Arabic training and consultancy you can get.
- reflecting international best practice.
- Course materials that are the benchmark in the safety training industry used by over 100 training providers worldwide.
- ensuring our customers feel supported and looked after.
- ensuring our courses are up to date and continually improved.
- with a commitment to and continual improvement.
NEBOSH Related Questions
Unanswered //Oct 13, 2016 NEBOSH