- Locations: British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
- Duration: 10 Days
The course is appropriate for staff that have received little or no formal, structured training, or who wish to acquire an internationally recognised qualification. Included in this group are those managers who may hold the company position of safety advisor as part of their duties.
Many companies are now taking the concept of incorporating the International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health course as an integral feature of their development programme, with the principle objective of increasing management awareness of their responsibility. Such training has the effect of ensuring both legal compliance and reducing the costs of accidents and ill health at work.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- identify common and obvious hazards in the workplace, and be able to recommend remedial actions;
- investigate accidents (including near misses), and make logical, cost-effective recommendations to prevent recurrence;
- identify the main items of health and safety legislation and/or best practice that apply to workplaces;
- recognise the human and organisational problems that must be overcome to achieve a safe and healthy environment;
- use information sources to advise managers on safety matters.
The primary method of learning will be via guided study and assignments to develop the knowledge and skills required for the final assessment. Considerable use will be made of videos and slide shows. Homework will be set at the end of every day, which will require 45-90 minutes study per evening.
Delegates' progress will be monitored through continuous assessment and evening work.
All participants will be required to carry out a 30 minute inspection of a real workplace area, after which they will be given 90 minutes to prepare a written report on their findings, using a report form provided, covering the hazards observed and remedial action recommended.
A written examination in the form of two individual papers will be sat on the final day, Part 1 a.m., Part 2 p.m.. Both papers are of 2 hours' duration.
The course tutors will mark the practical test reports in accordance with NEBOSH criteria and NEBOSH will mark the two written papers. Results will normally be advised within 10 weeks of examination date by NEBOSH.
Unlike most of our competitors, we are happy and proud to be judged by our results, not with vague statements BUT WITH FACTS! In 2007, (98 candidates), BSS students achieved the following, (please see our competitors UK Local Pass Rate, Jan - Mar 2006 in brackets), BSS overall pass rate: 81%, (75%), of which BSS Distinction 14%, (11%), Credits 47%, (25%).
About British Safety Services
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
NEBOSH Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety