- Price AED 33,000
- Duration 6 weeks
- Timings Flexible options
- Locations Knowledge Village
The NEBOSH International Diploma, a unique professional qualification in health and safety, aims to provide the knowledge and understanding that underpins competent performance as an Occupational Health and Safety Professional. It is a structured route to progress your career in health and safety comprising of 4 units. On successful completion of the International Diploma and registration for the Initial Professional Development (IPD) the designatory letters GradIOSH can be used. CMIOSH which is chartered status is gained after successful completion of 2 years Initial Professional Development skills based portfolio and undertake a professional review interview.
Who is the course for?
The International Diploma is designed for individuals who want to progress their career in health and safety and develop more in-depth knowledge and skills aiming to become health and safety practitioners in a global environment.
After successfully completing the course the delegate will:
- Be able to provide detailed advice for health and safety issues in line with best practice, international standards and HSE guidance.
- Be able to assist the organisation in continual health and safety management and control measures.
- Have a broad range of detailed knowledge and the application of key health and safety issues.
- Have a sound basis for progression to an MSc or more specialist study.
- Gain Grad IOSH designatory letters can be used once enrolment for a period of Initial
- Professional Development (IPD) is completed.
- Attain CMIOSH - chartered status is gained after successful completion of a minimum of 2 years of Initial Professional Development during which they will develop a skills based portfolio and undertake a professional review interview.
The assessment consists of three 3-hour exams for Units A, B and C and a workplace-based assignment for Unit D. All are set and marked by NEBOSH.
- Common Skills:
- Communication Skills
- Training Skills
Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
- A1 Principles of health and safety management
- A2 Loss causation and prevention in the workplace
- A3 Identifying hazards, assessing and evaluating risk
- A4 Systems approach for controlling risk
- A5 Organisational factors
- A6 Human factors
- A7 Regulatory health and safety
- A10 Measuring health and safety performance
Unit B: Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
- B1 General aspects of occupational health and hygiene
- B2 Principles of Toxicology and Epidemiology
- B3 Chemical Agents - Evaluating Risk
- B4 Hazardous Substances - Preventative and Protective Measures
- B5 Hazardous Substances - Monitoring and Maintenance of Control Measures
- B6 Biological Agents
- B7 Physical Agents (1) - Noise and Vibration
- B8 Physical Agents (2) - Radiation and Thermal
- B9 Psycho-social Agents
- B10 Ergonomic agents
Unit C: Workplace and Work Equipment
- C1 General workplace issues
- C2 Principles of fire and explosion
- C3 Workplace fire risk assessment
- C4 The storage, handling and processing of dangerous substances
- C5 Work equipment
- C6 Machinery safety
- C7 Mechanical handling
- C8 Electrical safety
- C9 Safety in construction and demolition
- C10 Environmental pollution and waste management
Unit D: Application of Health and Safety Theory and Practice
Delegates are required to make a detailed review of the health and safety performance of a workplace or organization and produce a justified action plan to improve performance. The expected length of the assignment is around 8000 words.
It consists of three 3-hour exams for Units A, B and C and a workplace-based assignment for Unit D. All are set and marked by NEBOSH.
The qualification meets the academic requirements to apply for Graduate Membership (Grad IOSH) of Institution of the Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the largest health and safety membership organisation in the world. This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner as a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH).
Santia are a leading International provider of health, safety and environmental training to the Middle East market
Since 1992 we have delivered cutting edge International health, safety and environmental training courses to clients from a wide range of industry and business sectors including oil and gas, nuclear, chemical, pharmaceutical, aerospace, utilities and transport.
Santia’s training and consultancy services help our customers to protect their people and profits, drive business efficiencies and improve staff morale and productivity.
Santia’s main services include Training, Consultancy and Food Consultancy and
Training, offered from our office in the Knowledge Village, Dubai.
We are proud of our people and results:
Santia has over 200 trainers and consultants working in International markets. These include chartered health and safety practitioners, dedicated trainers, former government health, safety and environmental inspectors, scientists and skilled technicians.
Proven Track Record
More than 12,000 people per year train with Santia. Santia’s pass rates are consistently higher than the national average with 90-100% pass rate for the NEBOSH certificate.
Santia will work closely with you to understand your organisational training needs allowing us to deliver tailored training and consultancy servicesSee all Santia courses