- Price TBA
- Duration 2 to 3 Weeks
- Locations British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
British Safety Services are proud to have been chosen as one of the providers to pilot this new NEBOSH qualification.
The course comprises 3 units: 1. IGC1 Management of Health & Safety (Unit 1 of the International General Certificate) 2. ICC1 Managing & Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities 3. ICC2 Construction Health & Safety Practical. For delegates who have successfully completed the NEBOSH International General Certificate in the last 5 years they are exempt from the first week of this course and the IGC1 exam.
The NEBOSH International Construction Certificate (ICC) has been designed to provide those making day-to-day decisions in respect of health and safety in construction work with the knowledge they need to ensure that the health and safety implications of their decisions are properly taken into account. This qualification is designed for those based outside the UK and focuses on international best practice including standards and management systems, enabling candidates to effectively comply with health and safety responsibilities in all parts of the world.
The NEBOSH ICC has no formal entry requirements but examinations on the pilot course will be in English so a good standard of written English is required. (Other languages will be available once the course changes from pilot to full course status). Students’ on this pilot programme will be expected to take the exam on the set date of 19 November 2009 and provide detailed feedback, if requested, to NEBOSH. Within the pilot period, there will be one additional examination opportunity for those who are unsuccessful in any of the examinations with a provisional date of 29 April 2010 set at this time.
Pilot course status
This course is being run as part of a pilot study to evaluate the syllabus. Once the pilot and any revisions required are completed, it will become a full course and be offered on other dates.
Delegates are awarded the Certificate on successful completion of two 2-hour written papers (IGC 1 and ICC 1) and a practical assessment (ICC 2), which involves a safety inspection of a construction site and the production of a formal report.
Unit IGC1 is the core unit for all NEBOSH International Certificate qualifications. To gain a NEBOSH certificate, you need to take this with the relevant specialist unit and practical assessment. So if you have been awarded the NEBOSH International General Certificate in the last 5 years and wish to take the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate you will be exempt from Unit IGC1 and can simply undertake a ‘conversion course’ involving the specialist ICC 1 unit and the ICC 2 practical inspection to achieve the new award.
This is a three week full course or a two week block conversion course for existing NEBOSH International General Certificate holders and includes the ICC1 and ICC 2 assessments.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand the main requirements of the successful management of safe construction activities in line with the ILO conventions.
- Understand the factors to consider when carrying out a site assessment; identify construction activity hazards, assess the risks and recommend control measures.
- Identify the hazards & outline appropriate control measures in the following areas: movement of people & vehicles, manual & mechanical handling, work equipment, electrical, fire chemical & biological health, physical & psychological, working at height, excavation work & confined spaces & demolition.
- Successfully carry out a safety inspection of a construction workplace identifying hazards, recommending control measures and preparing a management report.
- Construction Management
- Construction activities - hazards and controls
- Movement of people and vehicles - hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling - hazards and control
- Work equipment - hazards and control
- Electrical - hazards and control
- Fire - hazards and control
- Chemical and biological health - hazards and control
- Physical and psychological health - hazards and control
- Working at height - hazards and control
- Excavation work and confined spaces - hazards and control
- Demolition - hazards and controls
Successful completion of the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate qualification;
- Meets the requirements of the Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (AIIRSM)
- Provides academic qualifications for technician status of IOSH TechIOSH
- Full Course 31 October – 19 November 2009
- Conversion Course: 7 – 19 November 2009
- This NEBOSH Award is a new concept and is on 'pilot' at this time, with BSS being one of the very few organisations chosen by NEBOSH to trial it.
- Presently we anticipate the courses being conducted on an 'in company' basis only with it expected to go 'live' early 2010, allowing us to publish public dates.
- Please feel free to call us to discuss your specific needs.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses