Course detailsThe NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety is designed specifically for those with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry. It focuses on international standards and management systems, highlighting the importance of process safety management in
the oil and gas industry, enabling students to effectively discharge workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore.
This course is internationally accredited by National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health in United Kingdom and approved by Ministry of Labor (Kingdom of Bahrain).
Unit IOG1: Management of international oil and gas health and safety
Element 1: Health, safety and environmental management in context
• Learning from incidents
• Hazard inherent in oil and gas
• Risk management techniques used in oil
and gas industries
• An organization's documented evidence
to provide a convincing and valid
argument that a system is adequately
Element 2: Hydrocarbon process safety 1
• Process Safety Management (PSM)
• Role and purpose of a permit-to-work
• Key principles of safe shift handover
• Plant operations and maintenance
• Start up and shut down
Element 3: Hydrocarbon process safety 2
• Failure modes
• Other types of failures
• Safety critical equipment controls
• Safe containment of hydrocarbons
• Fire hazards, risk and control
• Furnace and boiler operations
Element 4: Fire protection and emergency response
• Fire and explosion in the oil and gas
• Emergency response
Element 5: Logistics and transport operations
• Marine transport
• Land transport
- UNIT IOG1 is assessed by a one -2hour written short and long answer style questions.
- Passing mark is 45. It is necessary to pass the exam in order to receive NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety.
Individuals who have the responsibility for ensuring safety as part of their day to day duties, including managers, supervisors, employee representatives and newly appointed HSE advisers with oil and gas
industry work experience
All aspiring students for this course should have an underpinning knowledge of safety issues and may have acquired NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent prior to taking this course.
Job roles this course is suitable / will prepare you forThe course focuses on International standards and management systems , highlighting the importance of process safety management in the oil and gas industry , enabling students to effectively discharge workplace safety responsibilitiesboth onshore and offshore.
About Al Moalem Institute
Al Moalem Institute (Bahrain)
For nearly a quarter century, Al-Moalem Institute (AMI) has started delivering its noble mission which is training and developing human resources in the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Arabian region.
This is an essential national mission, thus, we have reaped its benefits through all who have participated in Al-Moalem Institute long or short term programmes. AMI has trained over 50,000 candidates over this period and still it offers its programmes seeking for the best and
Excellency, benefiting from the best experts and consultants with high knowledge and experience, and from the provision of international professional certifications and accreditations.
The prominent vocational training reference and provider for career advancement and professional development in nationally and regionally.
Committed in providing quality and excellent training services, management advisory and be a pacesetter in providing advanced and modern strategies in training delivery and management by providing best resources and specialized and internationally recognized trainers.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Passion for Excellence
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Continuous Improvement
- Organization and implementation of courses and specialized training programs and professional.
- Design programs and workshops, especially depending on the nature and working environment of customers.
- Implementation of training and collaboration with other international organizations.
- Organize forums, conferences and cultural events.
- Identification and analysis of training needs.
- Design and engineering standard and program excellence for organizations.
- Training and guidance of job seekers in preparation for the Arab market.
- Assess and conduct career orientation and vocational guidance.
- Management consulting, financial and design of functional organizational structure.
Areas of Expertise
- Human Resources Programs
- Project Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Business Excellence and Quality Management Systems
- Information and Communications Technology
- Engineering (i.e CADD Courses, Primavera and Staad Pro Training)
- Occupational Safety and Health
- General and Business English Language
- Soft Skills
- 25 Years of Excellence Provision of Human Resources Development
- First Institute Certified with ISO 9001 Quality Management System in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Granted by Tamkeen to provide the biggest Arabic Leadership Training Programme
- Awarded an Excellence Performance for Quality Assessment by the Ministry of Labour
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.