- Duration: 10 - 15 Days
- Timings: Flexible options
The course provides people in the construction industry with a solid foundation to carry out their responsibilities and make day to day decisions in respect of health and safety construction activities. It is based on international standards and management systems providing people with the underpinning knowledge and skills to apply in a practical context anywhere in the world.
It comprises 3 units:
- IGC1 Management of Health and Safety (Unit 1 of the General Certificate)
- ICC1 Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- ICC2 Construction Health and Safety Practical.
For delegates who have successfully completed the NEBOSH International General Certificate in the last 5 years they are exempt from the first week of this course and the IGC1 exam.
Who is the course for
This course has been designed for Supervisors, Managers, Safety Representatives and personnel who have responsibility for day to day advice on health, safety and welfare in the construction industry based in any part of the world.
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the main requirements of the successful management of safe construction activities in line with the ILO conventions.
- Understand the factors to consider when carrying out a site assessment; identify construction activity hazards, assess the risks and recommend control measures.
- Identify the hazards and outline appropriate control measures in the following areas: movement of people and vehicles, manual and mechanical handling, work equipment, electrical, fire chemical and biological health, physical and psychological, working at height, excavation work and confined spaces and demolition.
- Successfully carry out a safety inspection of a construction workplace identifying hazards, recommending control measures and preparing a management report.
- It meets the requirements of the Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (AIIRSM)
- It provides academic qualifications for technician status of IOSH TechIOSH
- NEBOSH qualifications are globally recognised by employers in all industry sectors
Delegates are awarded the Certificate on successful completion of two 2-hour written papers, under exam conditions and a practical assessment, carried out at the delegate's own workplace which involves safety monitoring of a construction site and the production of a formal report.
Santia are a leading International provider of health, safety and environmental training to the Middle East market
Since 1992 we have delivered cutting edge International health, safety and environmental training courses to clients from a wide range of industry and business sectors including oil and gas, nuclear, chemical, pharmaceutical, aerospace, utilities and transport.
Santia’s training and consultancy services help our customers to protect their people and profits, drive business efficiencies and improve staff morale and productivity.
Santia’s main services include Training, Consultancy and Food Consultancy and
Training, offered from our office in the Knowledge Village, Dubai.
We are proud of our people and results:
Santia has over 200 trainers and consultants working in International markets. These include chartered health and safety practitioners, dedicated trainers, former government health, safety and environmental inspectors, scientists and skilled technicians.
Proven Track Record
More than 12,000 people per year train with Santia. Santia’s pass rates are consistently higher than the national average with 90-100% pass rate for the NEBOSH certificate.
Santia will work closely with you to understand your organisational training needs allowing us to deliver tailored training and consultancy servicesSee all Santia courses
- Health and Safety Manager Training Express
USD 272Duration: Upto 4 Hours
- NEBOSH IGC Special Technical Training CompanyDuration: 12 Days Live virtual classroom
- NEBOSH (IGC 1 & IGC 2) Universal Certification & ServicesDuration: 30 Days Live virtual classroom