- Locations: Qatar
Research in Health Practice is a modular postgraduate programme which has been designed to meet the professional needs of a range of health and social care practitioners who are interested in developing their skills as researchers in practice.
This flexible programme enables you to build knowledge and skills in designing and conducting programmes of research. Most appealing is the online aspect, meaning that you can remain within the practice area whilst gaining an all-important Masters level qualification (helping you progress to specialist practitioner or consultant level within the NHS).
The programme provides an innovative and integrated blend of knowledge-based, activity-based and experiential learning, underpinned by self-reflection and peer review. A virtual learning environment will form the focus for organising the learning, providing a platform for discussion and sharing of ideas.
By utilising web-based delivery blended with Summer Schools (typically five days in length), the programme aims to meet the learning needs of busy health and social care practitioners. Learning is supported throughout the programme by a Personal Development Adviser (PDA) who will utilise learning needs analysis and personal development planning techniques to provide motivation.
About University of Bath (QATAR)
- ranked first for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS)
- a campus university only one mile from the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath
- a medium-sized and safe university with a friendly and collegial feel
- a well-established university with a lively atmosphere and modern outlook.
- taught and research postgraduate programmes in Science, Engineering, Languages, Social Sciences and Management
- an excellent research reputation - 60 per cent of the work submitted for the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise was judged to be ‘world-leading’ or internationally excellent.
- a strong relationship with business and industry
- a diverse international student community with students from over 100 countries
- professional careers advice and a programme of up to 330 employer recruitment visits to campus annually
- guaranteed accommodation for new overseas postgraduates who meet the application deadline.
- a 24 hour Library and Learning Centre
- free access to email and internet
- a strong support network – including Personal Tutors, a Medical Centre, Counselling Service, active Student Union, and Learning Support