- Duration: 1 Year Full Time 2 Years Part Time
Logistics is the term widely used in business for the range of activities associated with the movement, storage and handling of materials.
The discipline has been revolutionised over the past 30 years and has come to be regarded as a key determinant of business competitiveness. Companies have substantially improved their performance not only by overhauling their internal logistics, but also by managing more effectively their external links with suppliers. This has become known as supply chain management. These developments have created a healthy demand for well-qualified logistics and supply chain managers in most sectors of the economy. The Dubai government has made logistics the primary sector of the economy for the next 10 years.
Our MSc Logistics programme examines current practices, trends and issues in logistics and supply chain management. Students study the management philosophies, decision-making processes and analytical techniques used by logistics professionals. The programme provides students with both specialist knowledge of logistics and supply chain management and a basic training in related business disciplines.
- Design and Operations of Logistics Systems
- Distribution Centre Design and Management
- Freight Transport
- Global Purchasing and Supply
- Green Logistics
- Inventory and Operations Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Strategy
- Supply Chain Improvement and Control
- MSc Dissertation
A dissertation on a related topic is then completed over the summer months.
Reasons to take this programme
- Excellent career opportunities following qualification
- Provides advanced knowledge of wider logistic issues and a choice of specialist pathways
- Emphasis on topical international issues as well as links to local business
- Teaching staff with relevant business and research experience who mix theory with practical applications
- Individual mentoring meetings with academic staff
Bachelors Honours degree A good Honours degree in a related subject or a good Honours degree with significant relevant work experience at managerial level.
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate Engish Language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5 (with no section lower than 6.0), TOEFL 577 (paper-based exam.)
About Heriot Watt University Dubai Campus
Heriot Watt University Dubai Campus is a brand new, purpose-built campus based in the Dubai International Academic City, approximately 25 minutes from the centre of Dubai.
Heriot-Watt was the first overseas university to open a campus in Dubai International Academic City and their cosmopolitan environment offers the students a great place to study and further ones career goals.
It offers excellent facilities including a well-equipped library, IT and audio-visual facilities, and student accommodation encompassing safe and comfortable student apartments situated close to shops and local amenities. Students will also find a Student Services Office on campus to assist with any enquiries, including assistance with student visas.