- Price AED 62,000
- Duration 1 Year Full Time 2 Years Part Time
- Call +971 4 2753473
- Locations Dubai Academic City
The MSc in Finance is designed for students looking for a mainstream taught MSc in the subject, with a view either to pursuing a career in the financial sector or to continuing to doctoral research in finance.
The aim of the programme is to develop students’ knowledge and understanding of academic finance and of the financial sector, including theory, empirical research and practical issues.
The programme will enable students to
- understand core theories and concepts in finance
- understand and use a range of analytical techniques (eg the analysis of a company’s financial statements or the application of models to value financial assets)
- evaluate methods of empirical research and empirical findings
- develop practical knowledge of financial markets and institutions and financial decisions within companies
- carry out original research via a dissertation
- develop transferable skills, particularly in analytical techniques, communication and teamwork, relevant to employment in the financial sector or in academic research
- Financial Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Analysis
- Research Methods
- Research in Finance
In addition to these taught courses, students pursuing the Masters qualification undertake a research project.
Postgraduate Masters level
Bachelors Honours degree A good first or second class Honours degree in a cognate or semicognate discipline.
Postgraduate Diploma Attainment of 50% pass level in the MSc Finance programme examinations.
Professional/Corporate Membership Membership of a professional institution in a cognate discipline that normally requires an Honours degree for entry.
Postgraduate Diploma level
Bachelors degree An Ordinary degree in a cognate or semicognate discipline.
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English Language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 580 (paper-based exam); 213 (computer-based exam); 80 (internet-based exam).
Heriot Watt University Dubai Campus is a brand new, purpose-built campus based in the Dubai International Academic City, approximately 25 minutes from the centre of Dubai.
Heriot-Watt was the first overseas university to open a campus in Dubai International Academic City and their cosmopolitan environment offers the students a great place to study and further ones career goals.
It offers excellent facilities including a well-equipped library, IT and audio-visual facilities, and student accommodation encompassing safe and comfortable student apartments situated close to shops and local amenities. Students will also find a Student Services Office on campus to assist with any enquiries, including assistance with student visas.