This successful BPS accredited programme, drawing on a multidisciplinary approach to health, covers the main areas of sickness and health psychology, as well as the methodologies for conducting research in primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare settings.
The course is one of the only accredited MSc Health Psychology programmes offering a placement. Our placement is 4-months in duration. Units include: introduction to health and health beliefs; biopsychosocial mechanisms in health; health, communication and context; managing ill-health; health psychology in practice; research design and statistics in health; and a dissertation.
About University of Bath (QATAR)
- ranked first for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS)
- a campus university only one mile from the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath
- a medium-sized and safe university with a friendly and collegial feel
- a well-established university with a lively atmosphere and modern outlook.
- taught and research postgraduate programmes in Science, Engineering, Languages, Social Sciences and Management
- an excellent research reputation - 60 per cent of the work submitted for the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise was judged to be ‘world-leading’ or internationally excellent.
- a strong relationship with business and industry
- a diverse international student community with students from over 100 countries
- professional careers advice and a programme of up to 330 employer recruitment visits to campus annually
- guaranteed accommodation for new overseas postgraduates who meet the application deadline.
- a 24 hour Library and Learning Centre
- free access to email and internet
- a strong support network – including Personal Tutors, a Medical Centre, Counselling Service, active Student Union, and Learning Support