Builds on students’ previous studies of economics, providing an in-depth knowledge of microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics both theoretical and applied. Students have the possibility of taking options in the fields of development, public sector and environmental economics.
Provides a foundation for those wishing to pursue a PhD.
- Economic Theory & Applications 1
- Econometrics for Economics & Finance
- Economic Theory & Applications 2
- Applied Econometrics
- Research Methods in Economics & Finance
- ranked first for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS)
- a campus university only one mile from the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath
- a medium-sized and safe university with a friendly and collegial feel
- a well-established university with a lively atmosphere and modern outlook.
- taught and research postgraduate programmes in Science, Engineering, Languages, Social Sciences and Management
- an excellent research reputation - 60 per cent of the work submitted for the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise was judged to be ‘world-leading’ or internationally excellent.
- a strong relationship with business and industry
- a diverse international student community with students from over 100 countries
- professional careers advice and a programme of up to 330 employer recruitment visits to campus annually
- guaranteed accommodation for new overseas postgraduates who meet the application deadline.
- a 24 hour Library and Learning Centre
- free access to email and internet
- a strong support network – including Personal Tutors, a Medical Centre, Counselling Service, active Student Union, and Learning Support