- Location: Online
- Duration / Course length: Upto 3 Years
- Timings: Part Time, Flexible
Course detailsBSc (Hons) Motorsport Engineering (Full 3 year degree)
Department: Motorsport Engineering
Qualification: BSc - Bachelor of Science with Honours
The National Motorsport Academy, in Partnership with De Montfort University is proud to launch the WORLD'S FIRST ONLINE Motorsport Engineering Degrees.
Who should study with NMA?
- Want to improve your career prospects by becoming a highly qualified Motorsport Engineer?
- Already work or volunteer in motorsports but have no formal motorsport qualifications?
- Already work in the automotive sector but would like a career change into motorsport?
- Have a dream of studying motorsport at university but can't justify the time, travel or accommodation costs?
- Have work or family commitments and need the freedom to 'Earn while you learn' while studying for your qualification?
The only TRULY FLEXIBLE route to achieving your Motorsport Degree.
- Up to 40% lower fees than other Universities.
- No term times or semesters, choose your own start date and work online, anytime, from anywhere in the world.
- Earn while you learn; achieve your degree whilst working full time.
- No travel or accommodation costs.
- Mature students welcome - No upper age limit.
- Study Online & On-Track
- Free latest industry standard CAD & simulation software including CD-Adapco StarCCM+, Autodesk Inventor, GT - Suite and ChassisSim.
Apply online today and accelerate your motorsport career!
To achieve the full BSc (Hons) Motorsport Engineering you will first study the National Motorsport Academy Foundation Degree (FdSc) Motorsport Engineering (equivalent to years 1 & 2 at University). You will then continue onto the BSc (Hons) Motorsport Engineering final year top up (equivalent to year 3 at University)
This truly groundbreaking course allows you to choose your own start date and study anytime, online, around existing family & work commitments.
The course is comprised of the following 11 modules:
- Maths For Motorsport
- Racecar Design & Preparation
- R&D Simulation & Development
- Fundamentals Of Motorsport Technology
- Fluid Mechanics & Thermodynamics
- Engine Design, Development & Simulation
- Vehicle Dynamics, Physics & Data Acquisition
- Work Experience & Research Study
- 9a Advanced Engine Development OR 9b Aerodynamics
- Hybrid & Electric Vehicle
- Final Project (Double Credits)
Eligibility / Requirements
We invite applicants from Mechanical Engineering backgrounds and from those with Automotive, Motorsport and Mechanical Engineering qualifications.
International Entry Requirements:
The degrees are taught in English. If this is not your first language you will require IELTS Level 6 or equivalent English qualification.
Equivalent qualifications to the following UK qualifications are accepted:
Entry from college/school
• GCSE Maths grade A–C or equivalent
Plus a Level 3 Diploma (or extended Diploma) in one of the following:
• Motorsport Engineering, Technology or equivalent
• Automotive Maintenance or equivalent
• Automotive Engineering or equivalent
• An Engineering Discipline or equivalent
Plus CV showing evidence of automotive or motorsport practical engineering experience as a team volunteer etc.
• A total of 100 UCAS points that must include one A level in Physics or Maths or equivalent plus a CV showing evidence of automotive or motorsport practical engineering experience as a team volunteer etc.
Entry for mature students
We welcome applications from mature students aged 21+.
• Entry is by CV showing evidence of practical experience in automotive and/or motorsport engineering plus a good standard of Maths
About National Design Academy (NDA)
Celebrating 30 Years in education, The National Design Academy is the UK’s leading provider of fully accredited design courses from Diploma level to Bachelor of Arts Degrees as well as a Master of Arts Degree. All programmes are delivered online through NDA’s own Virtual Learning Studio (VLS) and are accredited by the British Government.
NDA delivers British education and training for the design industry and specialises in creating flexible, part-time programmes. There are no term times or semesters so students can choose their own start date and work at their own pace to fit around everyday work or family commitments.
Degrees are awarded by De Montfort University and the Diploma level courses are accredited by AIM Awards, making all qualifications gained at the NDA nationally and internationally recognised. The National Design Academy is passionate about encouraging and supporting all students to help them to achieve their goals in the exciting and lucrative world of design.
NDA offers the UK’s only online Master of Arts Degree in Interior Design and trains more interior design graduates than any other UK university. All enrolments can be completed online although the NDA admissions office, in the Knowledge Village, Dubai, also offers support to all students with the admissions procedure, course information and fees.
Our KHDA permit number is 62117. Please check before you do any course that the course provider has a KHDA permit number.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.