- Locations: Somerset West Bay Doha
- Duration: 5 Days
Vehicle insurance (also known as auto insurance, GAP insurance, car insurance, or motor insurance) is insurance purchased for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles. Its primary use is to provide financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise therefrom. The specific terms of vehicle insurance vary with legal regulations in each region. To a lesser degree vehicle insurance may additionally offer financial protection against theft of the vehicle and possibly damage to the vehicle, sustained from things other than traffic collisions.
This course serves as an inroduction to Motor Insurance.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the nature and main factors impacting motor insurance
- Discuss the scope of cover for motor cars, commercial vehicles and other motor risks
- Examine risk perception and the process of evaluation and underwriting motor insurance
- Describe the practice of motor insurance, including documentation and processing
- Evaluate the claims considerations and procedures of motor insurance
- Analyse the interrelation between underwriting and claim departments
- Insurance employees, Brokers, Agents, Loss Adjusters, Employees who manage insurance in non-insurance companies
- The course is conducted via a combination of lectures; case studies; role plays; and videos, where applicable.
- Introduction and history of motor insurance
- Contract law and basic principles as applied to:
- Motor insurance
- Road traffic
- Legal system
- Motor insurance documentation
- Application of insurance principles to motor insurance
- Underwriting and rating principles
- Fleet rating and schemes
- The motor market
- Policy covers for all classes of motor insurance
- Motor claims, motor department administration and motor reinsurance
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses