(Objectives / Goals) :
- The development of the skills of participants in various sources and uses of funds in the banking system.
- Familiarize participants with the determinants of investment in Islamic banks.
- Familiarize participants with the most important formulas and methods of financing and investment in Islamic banks.
(Contents / Contents) :
- The development of Islamic banks.
- The concept of usury.
- Sources and uses of funds in Islamic banks.
- Islamic modes of financing:
- Project financing in Islamic banks.
- Difficulties (challenges) faced by Islamic banks (laws and regulations, dealing with the outside world ... etc).
About Institute of Banking Studies
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses