- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 2 Days
Prior to IBM® Lotus® Domino® version 8.5 and the launch of XPages, the concept of modernization did not exist. This course will instruct you on the technique, capabilities, and advantages of updating or modernizing existing applications to use XPages technology. On Day 1 of the course, you will review and compare the architecture and design approaches of modernizing an existing forms- and views-based application; determine when it makes sense to modernize; and also identify the elements to be modernized, among other tasks. You will further examine the approach to use when planning for a modernization. Day 2 of the course covers refactoring and modernizing business logic, and provides an opportunity for you to apply what you have learned by modernizing an existing application.
- Define modernizing
- Use best practices for determining what can and cannot be upgraded or modernized
- Compare architecture and design approaches
- Create a modernization plan
- Update a Lotus Notes application to a modern application
- Note: The course does not teach skills for building IBM Lotus Domino XPages applications; it assumes that students have experience in developing basic and intermediate Domino applications.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses