- Locations: Dokki
- Duration: 48 Hours
Modern Standard Arabic Level 12: The course aims to develop proficiency in communication with good accuracy in manipulating complex structures. Students also acquire increased proficiency in the language of discourse on topics of current issues. In this level the students listen to recordings from the Arabic radio, this may include interviews, short lectures on familiar topics and news items, watch films and documentaries. The students read, demonstrate comprehension and translate accurately into English. They separate the main ideas and details of lesser ones. By the end of this level they can comprehend many
sociolinguistic and cultural references. The students are able to narrate and describe with paragraph-length connected discourse. They can also converse in a clearly participator fashion. Students are able to comprehend easily and participate effectively in formal and informal conversations with native speakers. Students can communicate facts and talk casually about topics of current public and personal interest, using general and sophisticated vocabulary.
Course Contents for MSA Level 12:
Grammar & Morphology 12:
- Analysis of Dual
- Analysis of Plurals
- Definite and Indefinite
- Words of multiple application and synonyms
- The language of arguments
- Assimilated root
- A complete revision of morphology is necessary at this point through various mixed drills
Topics and Literature for MSA Level 12:
- Human Issues
- Economic Migration
- Arabic Language
- Water and resources
- Conflicts: The Middle East conflicts, Religious conflicts
- Unemployment and strikes
- Political heroes
About Kalimat Language & Culture Center
Our goal is to create a learning environment that is:
- Authentic, supportive, cooperative, building on the students’ own knowledge and interests. Students can identify their own needs and goals and construct their own knowledge through creativity and inquiry.
- Engaging and interesting, where students learn through speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Enjoyable and interactive.
Students in Kalimat will learn how to:
- Interact with each other and native speakers.
- Assume ownership of their learning.
- Participate successfully in a warm social environment.