- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
In this instructor-led course, you learn about the core process modeling skills, project development approach, implementation fundamentals, and exceptional delivery patterns that can improve the speed and quality of process definition and implementation efforts.
The course integrates training in business process management (BPM) methodology and implementation with IBM Business Process Manager training. IBM Business Process Manager is a comprehensive BPM platform that can provide you with the visibility and insight you need to effectively manage the business processes of your organization.
The course begins with an overview of BPM and process modeling, and it emphasizes the concepts of reuse, ease of maintenance, and high-quality development strategies. You use the IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8 Process Designer component to create a business process definition (BPD) from business requirements that are identified during process analysis. You learn how to make team collaboration more efficient by enabling all team members to use standard process model elements and notation, which makes expressing and interpreting business requirements consistent throughout the BPM lifecycle.
The course continues with an overview of the architecture of IBM Business Process Manager, and describes the use of process applications and toolkits within the tool. You create variables, implement gateways, and enable swimlanes to demonstrate process flow on their diagrams. You also build customized user interfaces (coaches) to enable business and process data flows throughout a process model.
The course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations and class activities to reinforce concepts and check understanding. Lab exercises are provided throughout the course, giving you hands-on experience with BPM tasks and skills. This course is intended to be collaborative, and you can work in teams to complete class activities.
This basic course is designed for project members who design and implement detailed logic, data models, and external system integrations for an executable business process. These roles include process owners, BPM analysts, BPM authors, BPM developers, BPM administrators, and BPM project managers.
- Describe why process modeling is an important phase in the BPM lifecycle
- Identify how to use Process Designer to create a process application
- List and identify the core elements that are used to create a BPD in Process Designer
- Translate workflow steps into business process activities and nested processes
- Use gateways to control the process flow
- Validate that the process model meets playback zero goals and requirements
- Identify how intermediate events are used during the execution of a business process
- Describe the architecture of IBM Business Process Manager
- Organize process assets into toolkits
- Manage variables and data flow
- Implement timer events
- Implement gateways and routing to control process flow
- Build a business data model
- Build services and user input forms (coaches)
- Create a snapshot for deployment
- Create a decision service
- Model and implement message events
- Apply asset tags to organize artifacts
- Enhance coaches for a rich user experience
- Implement effective error handling in processes and services
You should have:
- Practical knowledge of data structures
- Understanding of SQL syntax
- Basic understanding of web services
- Experience with modern programming techniques
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses