Course detailsThe course does this through giving you both the knowledge of how and why certain techniques work along with how to do them and incorporate them easily into your daily routine.
We all suffer from stress and anxiety at times in our lives. For some, this is a fleeting condition that comes and goes with particular life events for others it is a daily struggle whose affects can be debilitating and hard to overcome; building up until even usually insignificant things can seem impossible to get through. No matter how often you feel the affects of stress and how powerfully, stress is a state of mind, which, left unchecked, can quickly turn into a physical condition.
The course gives students an in-depth look into what Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is. This includes information on its origins and the practice of mindfulness, deep breathing, and meditation and their affects on the mind and body. Students are invited to practice mindfulness following exercises.
The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course covers mindfulness-based cognitive therapy and meditation; explaining what they are, the differences between them (and how phrases like 'mindfulness meditation' can be confusing), and the benefits to your mind and body of practising each.
Stress and anxiety create a negative chemical change in your brain, in a similar, but opposite, way practising mediation and being mindful can also create a positive chemical change. Students will learn exactly what these changes are, and will be introduced to more techniques that will help them to cultivate the habits of meditation and mindfulness.
For chronic sufferers of stress, the reaction to negative triggers can have damaging affects on the body and mind. The MBSR Course discusses these effects and, conversely, the positive effects of a mindful practice, along with imparting practical techniques that can be employed the moment the feeling of stress comes on.
Students are provided with practical, illustrated yoga techniques that they can practice themselves and combine with mediation techniques, to more affectively de-stress both the mind and the body. Stress can easily manifest itself as a result of miscommunication with the people in your life or because an individual finds it difficult to communication certain things.You will learn how to become a better at communicating so that conflicts can be rectified before they can become lasting problems.
As mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) is at the core of this course, students will be guided through the structure of an 8-week programme in MBCT. This imparts not only a theoretical knowledge but a practical one also.
Knowing that there are so many people who have been where you've been and want to be, where you are now can inspire you to want to help others. With this in mind this course guides students through setting up their own MBSR practice, should they wish to impart their newly-found knowledge and make it an even bigger part of their lives.
- Module 1 - The Origin of Mindfulness
- Module 2 - Meditation and the Practice of Awareness
- Module 3 - Cultivating Mindfulness
- Module 4 - Rewiring the Stress Response
- Module 5 - Mindful Movement
- Module 6 - Nonviolent Communication
- Module 7 - Working With Resistance - Dealing with Physical and Emotional Pain
- Module 8 - Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Module 9 - How to Use MBSR in Your Everyday Life
- Module 10 - Setting Up Your Own MBSR Practice
Job roles this course is suitable for:mindfulness
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs