This course will provide participants with the basic knowledge and skills needed to work with personal computers using the Microsoft Windows® operating system.
- Describe the basics of computers and computer operating systems.
- Complete simple administration tasks to utilize the Microsoft Windows® operating system.
- Demonstrate the basic procedures for files and folder manipulation in Microsoft Windows®.
- Work with digital pictures, drawings and videos.
Module 1: Learn about the Computer
- General overview of the history of computers
- Introduction to computers
- Parts of a computer
- Using the mouse and keyboard
- The desktop (overview)
- The taskbar (overview)
- Microsoft Windows® sidebar and gadgets (overview)
- Working with Microsoft Windows®
- Using menus, buttons, bars, and boxes
- Microsoft Windows® control panel
- Removabledevices (CD, DVD, USB devices, etc.)
- Using programs
- Working with files and folders
- Working with file and folder attributes (hidden, archive, etc.)
- Using Paint
- Using WordPad
- Searching the computer
- Working with digital pictures
- Viewing pictures as a slide show
- Using pictures as screen savers
- Editing pictures
- Adjusting the brightness and contrast features
- Using the Windows Media Player for playing videos
- Getting started with Windows Movie Maker
Module 2: Desktop Fundamentals
Module 3: Programs, Files and Folders
Module 4: Organizing Pictures and Videos
Participants will be evaluated based on their participation in class discussions and activities
About Egyptian Banking Institute
A specialized and unique service provided by EBI's Research and Awareness Department. At the Egyptian Banking Institute, we produce publications every year about the EBI’s business performance, our charitable giving, our efforts to reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment, and other measures of our sustainability.See all Egyptian Banking Institute courses