This instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals, administrators and decision makers, who are interested to get detailed technical information about the new features of Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
In this course students get detailed technical information about the new features of Windows Server 2008.
In this course students learn about the new ways to implement, manage and administer Windows Server 2008 in an existing or new network environment with and without cloud-integration. The focus of the course is about the main changes from Windows Server 2008 / R2 to Window Server 2008. Some of the features are:
- Requirements, Installation and Multi-Server-Management
- Windows Server 2008 GUI and Core
- DNS/DHCP centralized management with Windows Server 2008 IPAM
- File and storage service management (ReFS, storage spaces, De-duplication, SMBv2.2)
- Hyper-V (Live Migration, Hyper-V Replica, PVLANs, …)
- Remote Desktop Services (Metro-support, Remote-FX, RD Session Host, RD Web Access, RCCB, pooled and personal virtual desktops, Metro Style Remote Desktop App)
- Active Directory (Virtualization, DC cloning, Remote dcpromo, improved ADAC, AD-based activation, …)
- Dynamic Access Control (DAC) with Central Access Policies (CAP)
- Unified Remote Access in Windows Server 2008 with DirectAccess
- Windows Server 2008 Group Policy (new settings and capabilities)
- Powershell 3.0
This course is intended for Windows Server IT professionals, administrators and decision makers, which have know-ledge and practical experience about previous versions of Microsoft Windows Server (Windows Server 2000/2003/ 2008 or 2008 R2) and network technologies. This course is for IT-administrators, which want to expand their know-ledge about Windows Server 2008 and especially want to learn about the new features of Windows Server 2008.