The best way to learn about Microsoft Project is to start to use it to perform basic project management tasks. Managing projects can be as exciting as scheduling the next space shuttle or as mundane as planning routine production-line maintenance.
Objectives & Benefits:
- Identify the basic features and components of the Microsoft Project environment.
- Create a new project plan file and enter project information.
- Manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships.
- Manage resources for a project.
- Manage project costs.
Everybody does projects. Building a tree house is a project; so is putting a man on the moon. From the simplest home improvement to the most complex business or scientific venture, projects are a part of most of our lives. But exactly what is a project and what can you do to manage all its facets? Some projects are defined by their randomness. Missed deadlines, unpleasant surprises, and unexpected problems seem to be as unavoidable as the weekly staff meeting. Other projects have few problems. Nevertheless, the project that goes smoothly from beginning to end is rare.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage those project plans.
Course Outline/ Program
- Chapter 1:The Nature of Projects.
- Chapter 2:Exploring the Microsoft Project Environment.
- Chapter 3:Creating a New Project.
- Chapter 4:Building Tasks.
- Chapter 5:Creating Resources and Assigning
- Chapter 6:Understanding the Basics of Views.
- Chapter 7:Resolving Scheduling Problems.
- Chapter 8:Tracking Your Progress.
- Chapter 9:Modifying the Appearance of Your Project.
- Chapter 10:Reporting on Progress
Work Experience :
- Jordan Phosphate Mines Company 2002-2011
- Project manager Director:
- Led and developed full scale of project plans and executions.
- Responsible for more than one cross-company project at a time.
- Define the project scope of work, financial plan, its goals and deliverable.
- Managed all aspects of the project business plan and budget.
- Managed the operational, financial and technological aspects of projects based on time-lines and work plans.
- Identified resources requirement, assigned responsibilities and coordinated directly and indirectly project staff to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Tracked project deliveries using project management tools.
- Managed the design of the project documents to monitor project performance and data stored.
- Reported on project progress and communicated relevant information to superiors.
- Resolved, traced and escalated critical issues to minimize project risk factors.
- Prepared the QA procedure of the project.
- Directed, supervised, supported and coordinated the project staff. .
- Communicated intensively with clients, sub-contractors and vendors to establish cordial/effective working relationship.
- Followed up with clients to verify satisfaction.
- Prepared weekly and monthly project status reports for management.
Teaching and Training Experience.
- Four years Professional trainer in Project Management ,Risk management, Scheduling management with more than 30 training courses in both.
- Professional trainer in Strategic planning, Business analysis, Business ethics, communication, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Teacher assistant at University of Michigan in Finance.
- Volunteer instructor in Injaz Program 2005-2007.
- Part time instructor at Philadelphia Private University in management information system.2003-2006.
- Part time instructor at Yarmouk University 2006.
Skills and Languages:
- Time management.
- Self-studying and learning skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Working under pressure, and with Multi-site teams.
- Crisis management and conflict resolution.
- Excellent conversation skills. (Difficult conversation skills training courses. USA/MEAN State.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Decision making and business analysis skills.
About Dar Amman Academy
DAR AMMAN ACADEMY was established in 1988, with technological development and telecommunication, DAR AMMAN entered this development.
In year 2000 DAR AMMAN ACADEMY has become specialized academy in telecommunications, computers, and maintenance and networks. It is the first and the only academy in Jordan and arab world in mobile maintenance ctheirses with high tech. equipment and Training.
Dar Amman becomes a name in Jordan, Arab world and the world.
Thanks to Allah their trainers was from all the world of all nationalities and they are now in the lead among the academies.
DAR AMMAN ACADEMY is a practical nature in computer maintenance field and his software, electronics field with all branched, networks with all specialties and branches, and more and more...See all Dar Amman Academy courses