- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 16 Hours
- Locations Dokki
This course teaches participants the basic operations of the Microsoft Access™ database application in order to create real-world database applications for the collection of data, permit data to be queried, produce reports and display information in a variety of forms.
- Design and navigate a database structure in Microsoft Access™.
- Create and format new database elements in Microsoft Access™.
- Design and use forms in Microsoft Access™.
- Design and format reports in Microsoft Access™.
- Develop and tailor database queries in Microsoft Access™.
Module 1: Structuring Databases
- Introduction to database structure
- Define table fields and data types
- Identify table keys
- Identify relationships between tables
Module 2: Creating and Formatting Database Elements
- Create databases
- Create tables
- Modify tables
- Create fields and modify field properties
- Enter, edit and delete records
- Navigate among records
- Find and replace data
Module 3: Designing Forms
- Form design guidelines
- Create forms by using design view
- Create a form using the form wizard
- Modify the design of a form
- Create multiple item forms
Module 4: Producing Reports
- Report design guidelines
- Create reports by using the report wizard
- Create reports as a simple report design view
- Add a calculated field to a report
- AutoFormat a report
- Define group headers
- Create aggregate fields
- Set the print layout
Module 5: Querying the Database
- Create queries based on a single table
- Create queries based on more than one table
- Add tables to and remove tables from queries
- Add criteria to queries
- Create sum, average, minimize, maximize and count queries
Participants will be evaluated based on their participation in class discussions and activities
A specialized and unique service provided by EBI's Research and Awareness Department. At the Egyptian Banking Institute, we produce publications every year about the EBI’s business performance, our charitable giving, our efforts to reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment, and other measures of our sustainability.See all Egyptian Banking Institute courses