- Price QAR 8,000
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Somerset West Bay Doha
ife is full of surprises, some of which are least welcome. It’s easy to get sick. But rarely do we set aside our savings for unforeseen treatments or a surgery. So if you suddenly find yourself saying, ‘why did it happen to me’, in the middle of a medical emergency, you’ll probably have to borrow, sacrifice a dream or compromise a fund which you would have been saving for something else.
This course provides basic working knowledge to the Medical Insurance concept and how it works.
- Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Apply the fundamental insurance legal principles to medical insurance
- Describe the structure and the key characteristics of health care delivery system in Qatar and contrast it with those of UK and USA
- Classify the main players in the health care delivery system
- Differentiate between the main features of health care products
- Apply risk assessment, rating and underwriting considerations to medical risks
- Differentiate between group and inpidual medical insurance in term of underwriting and pricing.
- Evaluate the claims considerations and procedures of medical insurance.
Insurance employees, Brokers, Agents, Loss Adjusters, Employees who manage insurance in non-insurance companies.
The course is conducted via a combination of lectures; case studies; role plays; and videos, where applicable.
- Health care delivery systems and structures
- Risk and medical insurance
- Insurance principles vis-à-vis medical insurance
- Historical development
- Special features of medical insurance
- Types of medical insurance plans
- Scope of coverage
- Rating and underwriting principles
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses