- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Al Tarfa
The Mechanical Technician (Industrial Maintenance) program equips graduates with the technical knowledge and hands-on skills required to install, operate, and maintain mechanical systems. Specific areas of study include: rotating equipment, pumps, piping systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, preventive maintenance and non-destructive testing. Upon completion of all courses within the first 2 years of the Technology program, students may graduate with a technician diploma.
Through this program of study, graduates acquire the technical knowledge and hands-on skills required to:
- Implement and install petroleum production equipment, power generation systems, and general mechanical support systems.
- Operate and maintain petroleum production equipment, power generation systems, and general mechanical support systems.
- Identify, solve, and troubleshoot technical mechanical problems.
- Apply foundational knowledge and skills in an industrial maintenance technician setting.
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member of technical teams.
- Demonstrate application of the Conference Board of Canada employability skills.
Given the broad base of the mechanical field, graduates have employment opportunities in numerous industries including oil and gas production, refining, petrochemical plants, manufacturing plants, engineering firms and government departments.