- Introduction : the need for performance measurement
- Categories of performance measures
- Production measures — description and calculation
- Productivity measures — description and calculation
- Utilization measures—description and calculation
- Service performance measures — description and calculation
This Unit is designed:
- To explain why it is important to measure container terminal performance.
- To list and define the principal measures of container terminal performance.
- To explain how the principal measures of container terminal performance are calculated and used.
Before starting this Unit, the trainees should have completed successfully the following Units or will have demonstrated (for example by successfully completing the Tests for those Units) theirunderstanding of the topics covered by them:
- Container terminal operations (C.1.1)
- Container ship loading and discharging operations (C.1.2)
- The container terminal quay transfer operation (C.1.3)
- The container yard operation (C.1.4)
- The container terminal receipt/delivery operation (C.1.5)
- Container freight station operations (C.1.6)
- Container terminal work schedules (C.2.4)
- The container terminal and international trade (C.6.1)