Candidates for this exam use Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and ADO.NET 4 to develop the data access layer of an application. Candidates should have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing application components that interact with a variety of data sources. In addition, candidates should have a thorough understanding of relational database concepts and should have a minimum of one of two years of experience using a relational database management system.
- Module 1: Architecture and Data Access Technologies .
- Module 2: Building Entity Data Models .
- Module 3: Querying Entity Data .
- Module 4: Creating, Updating, and Deleting Entity Data .
- Module 5: Handling Multi-User Scenarios by Using Object Services .
- Module 6: Building Optimized Solutions by Using Object Services .
- Module 7: Customizing Entities and Building Custom Entity Classes .
- Module 8: Using POCO Classes with the Entity Framework .
- Module 9: Building an N-Tier Solution by Using the Entity Framework .
- Module 10: Handling Updates in an N-Tier Solution by Using the Entity Framework .
- Module 11: Building Occasionally Connected Solutions .
- Module 12: Querying Data by Using WCF Data Services .
- Module 13: Updating Data by Using WCF Data Services .
- Module 14: Using ADO.NET .
- Module 15: Using LINQ to SQL .