All applicants to the Master of Business Administration program who meet the following minimum criteria will be considered for admission to Qatar University:
- Complete a Bachelor’s Degree or a higher from a university of college accredited by an equivalent authority in that country with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.85 on a 4.00 scale OR GPA (out of 4)*200+GMAT >=1000
- Achieved a minimum score of 520 on the paper-based TOEFL or equivalent test taken within 2 years of the start of the intended semester of admission.
- A minimum two-year’s work experience is required. Additional experience will be recognized and may help with admission to the program.
- A satisfactory performance in the personal interview.
- Writing a short essay during the personal interview.
In 1973, Qatar’s first national College of Education was founded following a decree by the Emir of Qatar in his vision to place education as a priority in the country’s expansion. Among a small population, the college admitted a respectable 57 male and 93 female students in its first year.
The country’s rapid development highlighted the need to expand the College to provide additional areas of specialization in line with the needs of the population. Hence in 1977, Qatar University was founded with four new colleges -- Education, Humanities & Social Sciences, Sharia, Law & Islamic Studies, and Science. The College of Engineering was later established in 1980, followed by the College of Business and Economics. The University added the Pharmacy Program to its academic portfolio in 2006 – the first in Qatar -- and later established it as the College of Pharmacy in 2008.
Today, Qatar University comprises seven colleges: Arts and Sciences; Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Law; Pharmacy; and Sharia and Islamic Studies. The university has over the years added a wide range of new programs that are aligned with the growing needs of the labor market and the aspirations of the society it serves. It currently boasts a population of over 14,000 students and an alumni body of over 30,000.See all Qatar Univrsity courses