- Price AED 118,800
- Duration 2 Years
- Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The M.B.A. program is a graduate-level, twelve-course, 36 credit hour program. It consists of nine common core courses and three advanced elective/concentration courses. Eight of the common core courses provide broad exposure to the functional areas of management. The seventh common core course, Strategic Management and Policy, is the program's capstone course and is normally taken during the last term in the program. In their application for admission, students must specify whether they are interested in pursuing the Generalist M.B.A. program or a program with a concentration in Finance or Marketing. The M.B.A. Thesis is optional for all students and counts as an advanced elective for those who choose the Thesis option.
The Mission of the M.B.A. program is to provide graduates who aspire to leadership and management roles within the field of business administration with the opportunity to pursue a high level of professional preparation which will enhance their prospective career options. The M.B.A. curriculum is designed to ensure a broad and integrated conceptual coverage of the functional areas of business, by enabling the application of the concepts, principles, analytical tools and techniques from the different business disciplines to guide decision making in the global environment of business. The program promotes strategic thinking, ethical values, social responsibility, and cultural diversity.
Graduates with an M.B.A. from the School of Business Administration at the American University in Dubai will:
- Integrate concepts and methods from a common body of business knowledge with analytical skills to create business solutions.
- Interpret global issues in business management.
- Conduct business decision making and planning strategically and holistically.
- Analyze business opportunities and problems and make ethical decisions.
- Exhibit leadership skills.
- Effectively communicate in an organization.
- Extend individual and organizational abilities through the application of information technology .
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. AUD's enrollment in 2012-2013 averaged 2,600 students. In Spring 2013, over one hundred nationalities were represented in the AUD student body.
AUD offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees and a Certificate in Middle Eastern Studies.
In addition to courses in their chosen program/major, undergraduate students in all disciplines must follow a curriculum in Arts and Sciences. This is in fulfillment of the general education portion of their degree requirements.
Through its Center for English Proficiency (CfEP), the university also conducts Intensive English programs designed to develop university-level English language skills in students requiring additional language study before commencing university.
The university's faculty possess appropriate academic credentials. Furthermore, many are or have been practicing professionals of note. In terms of faculty composition, North Americans have the highest representation of any national group.
AUD's multi-complex facility has been conceived with the objective of supporting the university's programs (both academic and extra-curricular) to an American standard. The campus surroundings include Dubai Internet City and Media City.
In support of its Mission and Philosophy, AUD's Goals are as follows:
- To cultivate and reward excellence, especially as it affects the imparting, acquisition, and advancement of knowledge;
- To guide students in the use of their knowledge and skills for personal and professional fulfillment;
- To foster an appreciation of the history and on-going development of human culture;
- To develop critical thinking, effective communication and lifelong learning skills;
- To promote the value of ethical behavior, responsibility, and commitment;
- To provide academic programs, services, facilities, and technologies that offer diverse opportunities for learning;
- To recruit and retain a diverse faculty of qualified educators, providing them with the environment and opportunity to flourish;
- To foster intercultural understanding as a basis for preparing students as members of a global community;
- To contribute to the economic and societal development of Dubai, the United Arab Emirates and beyond.
General Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 23, 2017 General, MBA