The Masters in Counseling program covers all the main areas of study required of a professional counsellor. It addresses issues in social psychology, developmental psychology, the helping relationship, testing and assessment, group work, research methodology, ethics in the helping profession, career guidance and development, and practical work. The curriculum is also structured according to the requirements of the Standards and Requirements of Training for Counsellors 2003-2010 as set by the Malaysian Board of Counsellors.
For more information on entry requirements, program pathway, subjects listing and to get to know the faculty, please click on download brochure
- Techniques & the Process of Counseling
- Social persity and Culture
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Group Process
- Theories of Counseliing
- Research Methods & Statistics
- Career Information and Career Development
- Testing & Assessment
- Marital & Family Counselling
- Theory and Practice of Career Counselling
- Analysis of Inpiduals & Groups
- Issues & Ethics in Counseling
- Counselling Practicum
- Thesis Writing
- Counseling Internship
- Degree in psychology or in any related field from a recognised university / professional qualifications from a recognised examining body with a CGPA of 2.5 over 4.
About Help University
Since 1986 we have grown steadily and sturdily. We have sustained our student number and ensured a robust financial position. We have distinguished ourselves by excelling as a thought leader, an incubator of outstanding graduates, a model of selective excellence, and as a community-caring institution.
All these years our educational goals have been to prepare students for their first job graduate school, to prepare students for their subsequent career and to prepare students for a fulfilling and productive life. The drives of our vision are our values which are based on “Pride Of Achievement, Sharing Success, The Courage to Be, To Be compassionate, and To be Significant”See all Help University courses