- Locations: Downtown Dubai
- Call: +971 4 2753240
Mastering Supervisory Skills is an exciting and interactive programme designed to help experienced and second-level supervisors take stock of their roles and to develop the skills and approach they need to perform effectively in the modern organisation.
- extend their understanding of the supervisor's role and the processes of managing up, down and across the organisation
- develop a strategy for enhancing the effectiveness of their teams
- develop a strategy to support and develop the performance of each member of their staff
- review their personal working practices and managerial style
Mastering Supervisory Skills offers a programme which is highly interactive and gives everybody an opportunity to exchange views and learn from each other's experiences. The programme also includes a range of case studies, management games and simulations, discussion exercises, self-assessment instruments and video training films.
Mastering Supervisory Skills covers a wide range of topics relating to the supervisor's role. The programme recognises that supervisors not only have to manage their teams but also have to operate in a wider organisational context getting things done through, with and for other teams and departments. Insights developed during the course will be a particularly useful for second-line supervisors who themselves may have to manage the development of newly appointed supervisors.
DAY 1 - Programme introduction/The Supervisor's Role and Competences
- Programme introduction and objectives
- Action planning
- Roles and responsibilities of the supervisor
- The competency concept - measuring actual behaviours against the model
- Understanding organisational culture and
- Developing a network of relationships and influence
DAY 2 - Delegation and Management Style/Team-Working and Leadership
- Delegation skills and empowerment
- Management style - 'situational' & 'differential' leadership models
- Group dynamics and team formation
- Conflict and conformity in group situations
- Problem solving and decision making
- Managing team meetings
DAY 3 - Communication Skills/Managing Performance & Relationships
- Improving communications and relationships
- Dimensions of staff performance
- Practical motivation
- Appraisal - case studies in performance management
- Coaching and developing staff - the skills of on-job training
DAY 4 - Managing Performance & Relationships /Personal Effectiveness &Time Management
- People problems and problem people
- Constructive criticism - giving and receiving
- Fundamental principles for time management
- Managing time with other people in mind
- Planning and priority setting
- Interruptions and accessibility
- Understanding stress and managing stressed staff
DAY 5 - Managing change and continuous improvement/action planning
- Concept of continuous improvement
- Improving systems and processes - engaging and enthusing the team
- Creative thinking techniques
- Implementing change
- Influencing skills - making an case and managing the 'politics'
- Action planning and programme review
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.