- Locations: Dubai
- Duration: 3 Days
- Timings Full Time, Flexible
- Call: +971 4 2753473
The 3 Day MBA in Aviation Finance is designed for financial and accounting professionals within the aviation industry who are looking to brush up on their strategic finance and planning skills.
C-level executives in the aviation sector will also benefit from attending, by gaining a comprehensive overview of accounting and finance principles in the airline industry, as well as how to turn around a struggling airline.
What will I learn?
- Get to grips with revenues and expenses in the aviation industry - Refresh your knowledge of maximising airline revenues, and look at a typical airline expense distribution.
- Master the income statement and balance sheet - Learn how to read and interpret the income statement or balance sheet of an airline, and develop an action plan for profit improvement.
- Get up to speed on assets and liabilities in aviation - Look at the classes of airline assets, as well as considering typical airline liabilities.
- Understand the importance of cash - Discover why cash is critical, especially for an airline.
- Learn how to read and interpret the cash flow statement - Look at the sources and uses of cash in an airline, plus how to understand the implications of a company’s generation and usage of cash.
- Consider the interrelationship of various financial statements and how to boost profitability - Be able to look at various sources of financial information and comment on the ability of management to improve overall profitability and solvency.
- Get to grips with airline financial systems - Learn how to use various systems, such as the maintenance planning system, the enterprise resource planning system and the flight operations system.
- Master effective financial planning - Learn how to cascade the strategic plan into a business plan, how to drive organisational performance through financial KPIs, and much more.
- Gain a comprehensive overview of fleet planning - Find out how to build a fleet plan and how to decide between leasing or buying aircraft, as well as looking at financing options.
- Get to grips with risk management for aviation - Consider environmental risk, opportunity cost and sensitivity analysis, as well as mastering risk management strategies for airlines.
- Learn how to turn a struggling airline around - Explore things that go wrong for airlines, contingency plans, and how to develop a turnaround strategy for an airline.
- Aviation Authorities
- Law Firms
- Consultancy Firms
- Government and Regulators
A world leader in business events
Nothing beats the experience of meeting people face-to-face to gain inspiration, to learn and to do business. At Terrapinn, we curate events that stimulate the brain, spur creativity and facilitate meeting. Our conferences are major industry gatherings focusing on strategy, innovation and technology and our trade exhibitions are marketplaces for global business.
And we deliver focused industry training in person and on-line.
Terrapinn operates from a network of offices in London, New York, Singapore, Sydney, Dubai and Johannesburg. This gives Terrapinn events a global reach and truly international perspective. And we've been doing this for over 25 years.
Living the brand
Our experience, skill, creative vision and commercial drive have built a large portfolio of successful international events. The kind of events that ensure your world class brand gets maximum value from a global stage.
Our brain power stimulates yours
And we believe in the inventive power of the right brain. We’re a creative organisation and use design, story, play and meaning to make our events stimulating experiences that help shape your big ideas.See all Terrapinn courses
Accounting and Finance Related Questions
I have completed aeronautical engineering program. Which course should I attend to upgarde myself...
Unanswered //Nov 5, 2016 Aviation, Engineering
Could you please help me on which courses should I join to be a part of airport since I have been...
Unanswered //Dec 14, 2016 IATA, Aviation