- Duration: 5 Days
When it comes to facing the elements at sea, textbook knowledge is no substitute for practical experience. There is no doubt that aspiring yachtsmen and women must prepare themselves as much as possible before being able to truly take full responsibility for themselves, their vessels and their crews. IYT Master of Yachts certification is of vital importance because it is an established and globally recognised measure of competency for the commanding of power and sail vessels. This certification not only makes yachting a pleasure, as it should be, but also a safer pursuit for all those who wish to participate now and in the future.
WHAT ARE THE IYT MASTER OF YACHTS 200 TON CERTIFICATE'S?
- The IYT Master of Yachts courses are professional courses. These courses are designed to provide the highest standard of maritime education for the professional yachtsman and woman and for those who are serious about obtaining the best nautical qualifications available. They are ideal for those who greatly want to expand their knowledge and experience and increase their confidence in commanding a yacht.
- If you wish to seek a career in professional yachting (also known as commercial use, which means getting paid to work on a yacht), you will also be required to complete five days of STCW Basic Safety Training along with your Master of Yachts certification. This is an international requirement as laid down by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO). The five day course covers Fire fighting, Sea Survival, First Aid and Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
HOW MANY MASTER OF YACHTS COURSES ARE THERE?
There are three:
- Master of Yachts Coastal / Mate 200 Tons for command of a Yacht up to 24 m (80')
- Master of Yachts Limited 200 Tons for command of a Yacht up to 200 Tons, 150 miles Offshore
- Master of Yachts Unlimited 200 Tons for command of a Yacht up to 200 Tons unlimited Oceans
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF HOLDING AN IYT MASTER OF YACHTS CERTIFICATE?
- The IYT Master of Yachts certificates are the most internationally recognised qualifications for yachting worldwide and are currently accepted for commercial use by 25 different Governments.
- IYT Master of Yachts qualifications are recognised by marine insurance companies worldwide.
- IYT Master of Yachts qualifications give the yachtsman and woman a much increased level of confidence in their ability to handle a yacht due to our intensive level of on the water training.
- IYT Master of Yachts certificates are accepted by yacht charter companies on a worldwide basis
WHAT DOES THE MASTER OF YACHTS COASTAL / MATE 200 TON COURSE CONSIST OF?
- A comprehensive live aboard course consisting of 6 days for sail or 5 days for power which includes the practical on the water examination. The course covers subjects such as navigational charts and publications, dead reckoning and estimated position, position fixing, tides, tidal levels and data, pilotage, safety at sea, meteorology and much more. Because the Master of Yachts Coastal course is conducted onboard a yacht it also covers such practical seamanship skills as ropework, anchorwork, boat handling, docking, yacht presentation, navigation, passage planning and much more.
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR THE IYT MASTER OF YACHTS COASTAL / MATE 200 TONS COURSE?
- In order to participate in this course, candidates should have logged 30 days and 800 miles at sea including 2 days as watch leader/skipper and 12 hours underway on watch at night.
- Candidates may sit the course prior to obtaining the minimum sea time. However, they will not be issued their Master of Yachts Coastal / Mate 200 Tons Certificate until all the requirements have been met.
- Verification of yachting experience must be signed by the skipper of the yacht on which the candidate was sailing. Candidates claiming sea time during times when they were acting as captain may sign their own entries, but will need independent proof that can be verified by IYT.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THE IYT MASTER OF YACHTS COASTAL / MATE 200 TON EXAM?
- The course must be completed before applying for the exam.
- Minimum sea time requirements must also have been met before examination.
WHAT DOES THE EXAM CONSIST OF?
- The exam will be conducted by an independent IYT Master of Yachts examiner and takes the form of an oral and practical test onboard a yacht. Candidates must demonstrate that they have sufficient ability to handle, dock, and anchor the boat with a required level of confidence. Candidates can expect to be examined on any subject contained within the syllabus and to be questioned on any of their yachting experience to date.
- In the event that the examiner considers an examinee not to have achieved the required standards, an IYT Master of Yachts certificate will not be issued. In this case, a confidential report will be sent to the candidate outlining the reason or reasons for failure and suggesting remedial action that could lead to the successful completion of the course. Completion of the IYT Master of Yachts Coastal course is not a guarantee of passing the examination and receiving your certificate.
About Superyacht Training Egypt
We_They (STE) – is an International Yacht Training (IYT) Partner School and is the first marine school offering education, training, as well as being the first to lead and introduce the concept of Yachting in Egypt.As the Megayacht industry is growing massively in number and size, We_They realized the vital need of highly qualified crew members that must be placed with international standards. Accordingly, STE offers professional and recreational courses for power and sailing yachts starting by absolute beginners to IYT Master of Yacht Ocean, as well as training and placement for all yacht crew and granting course certificates that are internationally approved. The potential STE graduates will therefore become internationally recognized as qualified candidates that are able to compete in the market of Megayacht industry.See all Superyacht Training Egypt courses