- Location: Online
- Duration: Flexible
- Timings: 24/7
Master of Science in Social Science: Criminal Justice
The educational objectives of the graduate program in Criminal Justice are to prepare professionals and future professionals to think critically about the problems of crime and justice, to provide them with an in-depth understanding of the criminal justice system and issues that affect that system’s foundations, functions and operations -- within a larger context.
Students will come to understand scholarly research and its applications within diverse areas of the justice system, case studies and the methods of inquiry and research. They will address the social and societal issues that largely over-determine and inform both crime and the system that is established to “manage” it. This program is particularly well suited to those employed in multi-cultural environments where an understanding of society and culture from various perspectives is paramount.
Students are provided a solid theoretical, conceptual, and methodological foundation in the social sciences, which in combination with discipline-focused curriculum will under-gird and complement their studies and broaden the spectrum of professional opportunities to which they will have access.
- Apply critical thinking and reasoning skills to identify problems and to develop problem-solving abilities within the business context.
- Develop potential, enabling them to face the future with confidence and determination.
- Prepare for leadership and service within a broad spectrum of business and business-related arenas.
- Acquire the tools specific to business processes and procedures and the capacity to understand the principal theory, significance and practical applications related thereto.
- Develop a solid understanding of the functional components of business - economics, marketing, accounting, finance, law, management, thus enabling the graduate to assume managerial trainee and like positions, in which they will have the occasion to grow and develop further.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to the solution of real-life (field related) problems both individually and through teamwork within the context of a variety of active learning environments.
- Develop strong communication skills with due emphasis on the tools of effective writing.
About University Of Atlanta
The University of Atlanta focuses on the quality of the student experience: innovative curricula are designed to meet the market needs in today's rapidly evolving and technologically advanced world; an internationally-recruited faculty combines disciplinary expertise and instructional mastery; an accomplished administrative team oversees both learning and teaching processes while facilitating and fostering student progress. Flexibility, accessibility and academic distinction are the hallmarks of U of A.
We encourage you to take a tour of the Learn Center. See what distinguishes us from other institutions of higher learning. From the moment of your initial inquiry until the day on which you proudly earn your degree, you will find a team of experts lending support in all ways possible. Your success is our success, and we are here to foster your progress.
When you enroll in any of the programs offered by U of A, you set out on an exciting venture; you enter into a universe of unbridled opportunities. "The University of Atlanta: Where Intellectual Journeys Begin!"See all University Of Atlanta courses
- Fundraising Diploma Course centre of excellence
- Transpersonal Psychology Diploma Course centre of excellence
- Philosophy Diploma Course centre of excellence