- Locations: Al Tarfa
- Duration: 2 Years
The Master of Science degree program in Mechanical Engineering is a research intensive program, which offers a wide range of challenging and rewarding engineering experience. This includes research on energy, thermo-fluids, materials science and engineering, automotive, aerospace, design for sustainability, alternative-energy technologies, manufacturing processes, corrosion science and prevention, computational mechanics, combustion, mechatronics, robotics, computational science and engineering, process optimization, and biomedical engineering. Master degree in Mechanical engineering can be tailored to meet both broad and highly specialized interests (such as Materials Science and Engineering, Manufacturing Systems) can involve applied or fundamental research, and can prepare students for employment in industrial sectors. Students with the master’s degree can be also prepared to continue his education toward a doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering.
The mission of the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering program in the College of Engineering is to prepare students for careers in private and public sectors and for advanced level in research that leads to high scholarly achievements, and advanced knowledge. The major emphasis of the program is to foster a deeper understanding of the engineering research process and learn the professional skills.
The structure of the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program is unique, as it helps the engineers become more effective technical specialists, and strengthens their ability to lead people and projects. Conducting original research is an important goal of a Master program study in the College of Engineering, Qatar University. Research provides a type of education not available through classroom teaching. The Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program is designed to enhance students' competencies in contributing to the existing body of knowledge and to innovation and creation of new knowledge. Students are expected to equip themselves with strong theoretical and methodological foundations and to develop their ability to independently conduct research.
The Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program is a challenging and rewarding way of study for a higher degree. Graduates of the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program will be able to fulfill most of the following educational objectives (Obj):
Obj1: Act professionally and ethically in a modern work environment through effective communication and leadership, and responsible teamwork.
Obj2: Maintain the desire for innovation and engagement in lifelong learning in response to emerging technologies, social developments, and contemporary issues.
Obj3: Conduct research and present results in scientific forums and contribute to the advancement of the scientific body of knowledge.
Student Learning Outcomes
By the time a student completes the requirements for the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program, the student will have achieved the following Learning Outcomes (LOs).
- LO (1): Able to apply knowledge of mathematics and science in a creative and innovative way to design, to develop and produce useful products and/or services for society; and be able to manage these activities.
- LO (2): Able to apply knowledge of specialized Mechanical engineering concepts in engineering analysis, and design in a Mechanical as well as understand the impact of their engineering solutions in global and societal context.
- LO (3): Able to effectively communicate analysis and design ideas to peers, clients and customers.
- LO (4): Able to review, analyze, and interpret the body of scientific literature, contemporary issues and innovations in Mechanical engineering area,
- LO (5): Able to apply and validate innovations and discoveries in the lab or real world settings in efficient and effective ways utilizing modern engineering tools,
- LO (6): Able to conduct and produce quality research in Mechanical engineering, and understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- LO (7): Able to effectively write and present the research output in international journals, conferences, patents, research proposals and other scientific venues.
About College of Engineering
We_They will be recognized in the region for its outstanding education, research and community engagement, and for the quality of its socially responsible graduates.See all College of Engineering courses