This M.Sc. program is a rigorous yet flexible (fulltime & parttime) program taught by world class scientists/experts in the field. It addresses the need for a workforce that can solve a broad range of burgeoning environmental issues. It prepares students for research in environmental science, for doctoral study, and for technical positions in universities, industry or governmental agencies.
The curriculum emphasizes advanced principles of environmental science in areas such as conservation, pollution, marine ecology, global change, environmental law and economics, and sustainable development. Being multidisciplinary in nature, this program will serve a wide variety of post graduate students who may have diverse backgrounds and goals
All applicants to the Master's degree in Environmental Science program who meet the following minimum criteria will be considered for admission to Qatar University:
- Completed a Bachelor degree in Science, engineering, or related field with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 out of 4.00 or equivalent from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or comparable in that country.
- Postgraduate and graduate students are expected to be proficient in English. Thus, applicants are required to demonstrate their English proficiency as part of the admission process by satisfying either of the following:
- Earned a previous degree from an institution of higher education in a Program where English was the language of instruction. OR
- Achieved a minimum score of 520 on the paper-based TOEFL or equivalent test taken within 2 years of the start of the intended semester of admission.
- A satisfactory performance in the personal interview with the Admission committee.
All applicants to the Master's degree in Environmental Science program are required to submit the following documents to the Admissions Department:
- Admissions Application and Signature Page
- Final, official and certified university transcripts
- Official TOEFL score report
- Two Confidential recommendation letters from undergraduate professors or employers (Recommendation Letters should be sent by the professor to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Health Certificate
- Photocopy of the applicant’s Qatar ID card
- (Non-Qatari applicants must provide a copy of their passport)
- Two recent passport sized photographs
About College of Arts and Sciences
We_They was established in the academic year 2004/2005 by merging two colleges: the College of Humanities and Social Sciences and the College of Sciences. This also resulted in the merging of some departments within the College. At the time, the new College comprised 9 departments and one program for teaching Arabic to non-native speakers. In the academic year 2006/2007 the International Affairs Program was launched, followed by the Environmental Sciences Program in 2007/2008. In 2009/2010 the Social Work program was reactivated after being frozen for a few years.See all College of Arts and Sciences courses