- Location: American University of Sharjah
- Duration: 2 Years
What is distinctive about this course?
This master's degree in computer engineering will put you in the ideal position to progress into some of the region and the world's finest technology companies in sectors such as computer hardware, computer systems, mobile phones, communications, banking and computer games.
The Master of Science in Computer Engineering program aims to prepare professionals in an environment that combines computer engineering practice and technical research to contribute to the growing body of computer engineering knowledge, research and development both regionally and internationally.
The mission of the Master of Science in Computer Engineering program at AUS is to prepare professionals for advanced careers and/or doctoral studies related to computer engineering. The program strives to create a stimulating academic environment that promotes excellence in teaching and research to assist the students in becoming competent, innovative and responsible professionals with effective communication skills.
Students must complete some of the following core courses:
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Random Variables and Stochastic Processes
- Advanced Computational Methods
Students may complete some of the following electives:
- Advanced Construction Materials and Methods
- Finite Element Method
- Advanced Water Resources Engineering
- Advanced Transportation Systems
- Wastewater Treatment
- Satellite Remote Sensing
- Special Topics in Civil Engineering
- Advanced Construction Planning and Controls
- Analysis and Design of Tall Buildings
- Physical and Chemical Processes in Environmental Engineering
- Advanced Transportation Planning Techniques
- Advanced Geotechnical Engineering
- Highway Bridge Design
- Wastewater Treatment Process Control
- Special Topics in Civil Engineering
- Independent Study in Civil Engineering
Who is this course for?
The AUS Master of Science in Computer Engineering program targets students from all around the world who are looking to be successful professionals in a specialized area of computer engineering.
How will I benefit from taking this course?
- be successful professionals in a specialized area of computer engineering
- maintain a desire for research, innovation and lifelong learning
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from an independently accredited university recognized by AUS. Degreed individuals in engineering fields or a quantitative science field that is closely related to the sought program field may be considered on a case-by-case basis. We also require a 3.0 GPA and a 550 TOEFL score OR 6.5 IELTS. We conditionally admit students with a 2.5 GPA and a 530 TOEFL score OR 6 IELTS.
What former student's have said
“The MSCoE program covers the breadth of the computer field with courses ranging from theory to design, to programming, and beyond. It‘s a great experience so far in all senses: scientifically, culturally and intellectually. I have made wonderful friends, and meeting professors in this department made me feel like I was home. It’s great to have good, caring and supportive mentors.”
Jumanah A. Al-Dmour, MSCoE graduate
“What I liked most about this school is that the student interests always come first. When I first arrived the administrative team was very helpful and took care of my needs. The school has academic staff with high qualifications who try their best to graduate great generations. The syllabus is well organized to directly assist achieving the program objectives.”
Sameer Alawnah, MSCoE graduate
About American University of Sharjah (AUS)
American University of Sharjah (AUS) was founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi, UAE Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah. Consciously based upon American institutions of higher education, AUS is thoroughly grounded in Arab culture and is part of a larger process of the revitalization of intellectual life in the Middle East. The university has four academic divisions: the College of Architecture, Art and Design; College of Arts and Sciences; College of Engineering; and the School of Business Administration.See all American University of Sharjah (AUS) courses
Computer Engineering Related Questions
- Building your own Computer International Open Academy
AED 583Duration: 30 Hours
- Diploma in Computer Operating Systems Skills Alpha Academy
AED 1,175Duration: Upto 1 Days