- Have you ever wanted to be one of a kind?
- Have you ever wanted to be a pioneer?
- Have you ever wanted to be part of a team that does groundbreaking research?
If you answered YES to one of the above questions then the new MSC in Biomedical Sciences at Qatar University, and the first MSC of its kind in the region, is the program for you.
You have the option to work and study: This program is designed for full time and part time, male and female students who are working whilst studying.
A typical duration of the program is four semesters with a total of 36 credit hours. The program is offered in two concentrations:
- Advanced Clinical Practice with thesis or project option
- Biomedical Laboratory Management with project option
The Master of Biomedical Science program was designed based on the manpower needs and competencies of the workforce due to increasing healthcare service advancements in Qatar and benchmarked against equivalent programs in the US.
The program will provide the knowledge and technical skills needed for medical laboratory and biomedical research professionals in Qatar. High quality faculty will contribute to the instructional and research needs in the program. A balanced mix of theory and application will be one of the strengths of this program. Hence, Masters prepared biomedical scientists are a critical and a fundamental component of the skilled national workforce as outlined in QNV 2030.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences will be able to:
- Use statistical techniques, skills and tools to analyze problems, generate alternatives and evaluate their consequences.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills at the individual and group levels.
- Demonstrate ethical choices, values, safe and professional behavior in laboratory operation and management roles.
- Conduct experimental or theoretical study committed to ethical standards
- Apply knowledge in the specific specialty discipline to accurately interpret patients’ results.
- Use laboratory techniques and equipment related to profession.
- Analyze laws and regulations that impact healthcare organizations, health services delivery and patient safety.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and effective decision-making through financial management, operations management, personnel management, marketing management and quality assessment and improvement.
About College of Arts and Sciences
We_They was established in the academic year 2004/2005 by merging two colleges: the College of Humanities and Social Sciences and the College of Sciences. This also resulted in the merging of some departments within the College. At the time, the new College comprised 9 departments and one program for teaching Arabic to non-native speakers. In the academic year 2006/2007 the International Affairs Program was launched, followed by the Environmental Sciences Program in 2007/2008. In 2009/2010 the Social Work program was reactivated after being frozen for a few years.See all College of Arts and Sciences courses