The MSc Programme allows students to integrate their knowledge, skills and experience within a substantial body of original work, and thereby to:
- Develop a conceptual framework and demonstrate a deep understanding of issues related to their specialist area of study (i.e. applied computing, information management and security, computer forensics and security, computer and internet applications, mobile computing, computer networking or computer science).
- Enable postgraduates entering industry to make an immediate and effective contribution to their company in their chosen discipline.
- Critically evaluate, apply and develop appropriate tools, techniques and methodologies within the specialist area.
- Apply the standards of professional bodies to computing and information technologies related work in their chosen discipline.
- Extend current thinking to cater for future developments in the field, particularly in the area of the dissertation topic.
About Majan College
Majan College is the first private college in the Sultanate of Oman. Established in 1995 by Royal Decree, the Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry played a major role in the formation of the College which was known at the time as the College of Administrative Sciences. The College is located on a single campus in Darsait which is home to a multi-cultural academic community with more than a hundred multiethnic staff from various countries and a student population of over 1800. Majan is an accredited college of the University of Bedfordshire, UK and operates under the supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education, Oman. It offers undergraduate and post graduate degrees in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Computing and Information Technology and English Language through full-time and part-time modes of study.See all Majan College courses