- Course Brochure: Download
- Duration / Course length: Upto 18 Months
- Accrediting country: UK
Course detailsThe MA Interior Design Degree allows students to take their study to a higher level, developing knowledge and skills relevant to the industry, an ideal career progression to management level. All our courses are studied online and are fully accredited by the British government.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for all students who are passionate about interior design. This course provides the foundation for anyone who is intending to establish their own interior design practice or who would like to enter the interior design profession at management level. It also provides also an ideal academic platform for those who wish to pursue the field of interior design to PhD level.
What will I learn?
- Advanced Research Methods
- Innovative Technology and Interior Design
- Trend Forecasting in Interior Design
- Cultural Contexts in Interior Design
- Interior Design Practice Management, and a Masters Project (of the students choice) in Interior Design
On completion of the course students will be able to:
- Establish their own commercial or residential interior design business
- Work within a design practice at management level.
- Work as freelancer designer in the interior design sector
- Work within a property development company
- Work as a freelance event designer
- Work as a specialist designer within the sustainability sector
- For those wishing to pursue an academic career, students can enrol on a PhD programme.
- No exams! Your personal tutor will assess your assignments.
- The course is delivered through online study that is accessed through our bespoke online learning platform – Virtual Learning Studio.
- The platform allows students to access all course materials, contact tutors and share ideas with other students through an online community.
Students must already have one of the following
- A good BA (Hons) Degree in interior design or equivalent plus a portfolio of evidence.
- An extensive portfolio of interior design experience
- Students must have a good level of written English and be able to read English easily. It is not necessary to have good spoken English. The university requires IELTS at level, Tofel 550 or equivalent qualifications.
"The Degree is tailored for work, and I feel confident that I will set up my own business and NDA have really given me the tools to succeed.
I've had some fantastic advice from the tutors regarding private work that I've already been asked to do - and that's before I've graduated!" Updated on 23 July, 2020
Eligibility / Requirements
A BA Hons in Interior design. Certain other design related BA Hons will be considered. A work history and portfolio will also be taken into account.
About National Design Academy (NDA)
The National Design Academy has been established for over 26 years as the UK's leading provider of fully accredited design courses from Diploma level to Bachelor of Arts Degrees as well as a Master of Arts Degree. All programmes are delivered online through NDA's own Virtual Learning Studio (VLS) and are accredited by the British Government.
NDA delivers British education and training for the design industry and specialises in creating flexible, part-time programmes. There are no term times or semesters so students can choose their own start date and work at their own pace to fit around every day work or family commitments.
Degrees are awarded by, Staffordshire University and the Diploma level courses are accredited by AIM Awards, making all qualifications gained at the NDA nationally and internationally recognised. The National Design Academy is passionate about encouraging and supporting all students to help them to achieve their goals in the exciting and lucrative world of design.
NDA offers the UK's only online Master of Arts Degree in Interior Design and trains more interior design graduates than any other UK university.
All enrolments can be completed online although the NDA admissions office, in the Knowledge Village, Dubai, also offers support to all students with the admissions procedure, course information and fees.See all National Design Academy (NDA) courses
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.