The Master Program in Master of Arts in Diplomacy empowers and equips students with knowledge and the necessary skills that enable them to begin successful careers in international diplomacy, intelligence and security, Foreign Service, and international organizations. The program also prepares graduates to promote global respect, understanding and cultural diversity.
The above programs facilitate intellectual stimulation to generate a desire for learning in the students. The programs empower them through a sustainable environment of academic practices to meet challenges of a collaborative and competitive environment that provides opportunities of cultural inclusiveness, internationalism, and higher education.
The AUE graduate program in Diplomacy helps students to understand the asymmetric nature of conflict while providing the vital human framework for the development of international society in a globalized world. The program enhances mediation skills in increasingly complex patterns of the international environment, including cultural, religious, economic and political aspects - both within and between nation states.
The program targets for individuals who want to advance their career and become future;
- Information Officer at State Enterprises
- Career Diplomat
- PRO at Embassies and Consulates
- Trade Negotiators at Business Enterprises
- Liaison Officer at Consulate & Embassies
- Media Officer in International Media
- Experts in Think-tanks
- Researchers at Research Institutions
- Officers, experts, and advisors at UN Agencies
- Officers, experts, and advisors at Non-governmental Organizations
- Mediators in Mediation & Negotiation Agencies Enterprises
How will I benefit from taking this course/what career paths will be open to me?
The program aims;
- To offer quality curricula that covers the essential facets of diplomacy.
- To provide adequate supporting services to enhance the process of education.
- To empower diplomats (current, potential and future) in civil society, business and government with the necessary diplomatic skills to be successful.
- To think critically, respect diversity and communicate effectively.
- To enhance the ability to face the challenges of the 21st century - a society that is informed, entertained, persuaded and shaped by international communications.
- To introduce practical skills, such as diplomatic report writing, language analysis, negotiation and communication with media.
- To enable students to identify and cope with the sources of conflicts at the individual, organizational and political level.
- Bachelor Degree recognized by MOHESR and AUE
- English Proficiency Certificate (Students without IELTS / TOEFL qualifications may sit for IELTS / TOEFL test at AUE)
The American University in the Emirates – AUE as we are affectionately known – is one of the most rapidly growing universities in the United Arab Emirates. Why do so many students want to study here? This is partly because AUE offers an American curriculum, with a General Education undergraduate core, taught by highly regarded faculty members, who seek to engage our students in excellent learning experiences, as well as enthusiastic alumni recommendations.
AUE faculty members collectively value our hard-earned reputation for high quality in teaching, learning and related research, and seek to promote intercultural understanding and respect. Accordingly, AUE blends a commitment to serve the society and economy of the nation and region with its American identity. Beyond the curriculum, what is American about AUE?
This US identity is also based upon the use of English as the medium of instruction and management, active linkages with US university partners that enrich our academic provision, gender co-education with respect for local culture, the recruitment of faculty and staff with extended experience in the US higher education system, and a vibrant commitment to diversity, as well as academic freedom and responsibility.
AUE offers students excellent undergraduate, graduate and professional programs that encourage you to become proactive, reflective and critical thinkers and researchers. AUE students learn to become part of a fully-engaged community, whose members embrace their own culture, while also understanding other cultures and perspectives, in a spirit of humane tolerance.
The American University in the Emirates welcomes new faculty and staff who are attracted by our vision and mission to consider an application to join us, in order to further develop our dynamic, expanding University. We hope that you will wish to learn much more about our AUE in the web pages ahead, and will be glad to answer any related questions that you might have.See all American University in the Emirates (AUE) courses
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.