- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration TBA
- Locations 39 El-Hegaz St. (off Wadi El-Nil) Mohandeseen Giza - Egypt
This is a hands-on course designed to combine the strategic approach of Marketing Communications with the techniques of multimedia technology. The program is skills based, focusing on specialized training in media techniques and the components of promotional marketing. You will be trained to understand and use new media effectively, including online advertising, web video, TiVo, blogs, podcasts, social networks, buzz networks, viral games, and in-game advertising. It is of value to anyone who wishes to pursue a career in the communications area of any business, from home-based businesses to major corporations.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the characteristics and key terminologies of each major advertising medium
- Recognize basic media reference materials used in media estimating, buying, and planning
- Select the appropriate media for a situation, and evaluate its result
- Understand the advertising industry in general, and the associations and job functions that exist within it
- Explain how media audiences are measured and how the information gathered from these studies is used for evaluation and planning purposes
The New Digital World
- Why we should care about new media
- Demographic shifts in the US population
- Rising cost of network TV advertising
- Changes in broadband penetration and Internet usage
- Increase in consumer use of Internet for travel, research, etc
- Dispersion of consumer media consumption
- What are the new media?
- What important developments in the last 24 months should I know about?
- How has video transformed the web?
The Rise of Influence-Based Marketing
- The changing role of PR
- From press release to planted story
- From company website to corporate online lurkers
- From event marketing to community infiltration
- What makes Richard Edelman apologize?
- The coming ethics crisis
- Buzz versus word of mouth marketing
- What is the difference?
- Commercial Buzz
- For everyone – BzzAgent.com
- For moms – Vocalpoint
- For teens – Tremor, Streetwise
- How does commercial buzz work?
- WOMMA and the ethical debate in buzz marketing
- Why Blogs Matter
- The mechanics of online searching
- How blogs influence the mainstream media
- How to track blogs
- How to spot a developing crisis
Web 2.0 – Social Networks and the “Me” Revolution
- Three Kings – Three companies that transformed the web
- The Marketers Role – What can you really do with social media?
- Private Social Networks
- Underemployed assets
- Online connections
We_They was founded in 1988 with the aim of providing first class training and consulting services, enabling our clients to improve and sustain a valuable competitive advantage, hence, making a positive contribution towards their success. Working closely with national and multi-national companies, we offer global experience coupled with practical, local expertise.
We aim to deliver innovative yet practical business solutions, from concept formation to implementation and evaluation. BLI’s depth of service and global reach translates into seasoned knowledge for tailoring our services to our clients’ specific needs.See all BLI Consulting & Training courses