- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Nasr City
A marine support base acts as a fulcrum between onshore supply routes and the needs of offshore installations. It is a vital element in any supply chain involving marine transportation. All too often, shore-based staff lack a full understanding of working methods in these critical sites. This programme supplies the knowledge your staff need to interface between shore-based and marine operations safely and efficiently.
The programme will provide your shore-based staff with a broad understanding of:
- the operation, handling and characteristics of supply boats, tugs and similar vessels;
- supply-vessel load planning;
- cargo handling and loading bulk and deck cargo;
- the role and management of the supply base to support offshore exploration and production operations; and
- health, safety and environmental issues, including regulatory frameworks impacting on safe and effective marine transport and supply base operations.
Is it right for me?
The course is for staff and operators new to offshore support operations, such as transport and materials management staff, logistics planning staff, offshore materials coordinators, secretarial staff and similar groups. It is also suitable for more experienced staff who would benefit from a broader understanding of how a supply base works.
NOTE:this coursemay notbe suitable for experienced mariners, or staff employed in marine export terminals or tanker operations,unlessthey need to understand how a marine support base connects offshore and onshore elements in the supply chain.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how marine transport supply bases operate
- Identify the operational and environmental considerations in managing a marine supply base
- Be aware of the need for safe handling, loading, stowage and offloading of different cargoes
- Initiate appropriate, prompt and informed action in the event of emergencies
- Identify opportunities to improve marine supply base operations
- Demonstrate an understanding of ship handling and operations
- Understand ship and container construction
- Apply generic HSE operating norms within the particular regimes they operate in
- Understand the operation of international trade
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses